PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Systems

BIGSTICK
02-04-2004, 10:01
I am looking at stainless exhaust systems specifically the HOG Performance and Magnaflow could someone give me some info on these please, thanks.

jbplock
02-04-2004, 15:15
Bigstick,

Welcome to the forum! :D Can you tell us a little more about your truck (year, etc) and what you wish to accomplish with the exhaust upgrade? Also try the forum search feature (upper right) for more exhaust system info.
smile.gif

BIGSTICK
02-05-2004, 09:16
Ok I got my siganture updated now so you can see what I have got. So far I have ordered an Edge Hot Juice w/ Attitude and a AFE stage 2. I am seeing all this fuel filtering stuff and have no clue what all I need on this Duramax, I know the Cummins like the back of my hand. What are the musts, "essentials" of the motor and modifying?

BIGSTICK
02-05-2004, 09:21
I bought the truck on 1-30-04 and hauled my first load of 8500lbs on wednesday and absolutely loved it. That is way more than I ever hauled in my dodge but it was more of a play toy.

ZL-1
02-09-2004, 17:57
Good evening, BIGSTICK. Regarding your question about exhaust systems,St. Steel, check with www.brcdieselperformance.com. (http://www.brcdieselperformance.com.) They have a couple types of SS systems. Both very afforadable. They are located a couple of miles south of me in northern Ky. Very good looking. May God bless this wonderful country and our friends overseas.

drthv8r
02-11-2004, 20:30
Originally posted by BIGSTICK:
What are the musts, "essentials" of the motor and modifying? The Juice with Attitude and a Banks exhaust are good starting points.

BIGSTICK
02-12-2004, 12:28
First off thank you all who responded. Since my last post I now have an AFE stage 2 intake, Hot Juice w/ Attitude, and a 4" Magnaflow Stainless exhaust. Now my next questions are, I have 285 75 tires, should I have the dealer reprogram my computer for this so my speedo is correct? Also what should I do next to this thing? What is the limit for boost and egt? Right now I am only seeing 14 MPG but I think this is because the bigger tires are throwing off the speedometer.

Murray the Cop
02-12-2004, 12:57
The dealer won't reprogram the computer to correct the speedo. They say they can't. You can buy another programmer such as the predator etc. that lets you program it yourself. I got the predator but haven't used that option yet. I'm not sure if you have to use a higher hp tune to do the tires or if you can use it just for that.I was told it will also remove the speed limiter. There are a few programers that will do both. I have only used the predator for the diagnostics so far. With the predator once you use the tune feature it is married to the truck.I heard it could possibly be detected by the dealer once this is done.Hope not.Check your email!
Anthony

ZL-1
02-13-2004, 08:14
BIGSTICK, could you tell me how much your 4" stainless exhaust was and how long the warranty period is. Did you install it?

BIGSTICK
02-13-2004, 10:45
ZL-1 e-mail me at randyt@cinci.rr.com I will tell you all about it it has a lifetime warrant adn yes I did install it in about 20 minutes including removal of old system in one piece.