PDA

View Full Version : DFW GTG...K&N Air Charger & Dynomax

Silver Bullet
08-13-2002, 13:20
I ordered my air K&N air charger yesterday...it should be here Thursday or Friday. I will probably replace my stock muffler with a Dynomax this week to compliment this enhacement...I have decided I can't catch Mdrag by fulfilling my 'wish list' before year end! :D

If you are interested is hearing the Dynomax, come to our DFW get together. See this thread for details...

http://forum.62-65-dieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=000196

pullinpower
08-13-2002, 15:06
Hey silverbullet,wish I had known I have a K&N aircharger kit here that fits the dmax that my buddy has to sell since he got rid of his truck.If you want email me at ehaney@midsouth.rr.com

Silver Bullet
08-13-2002, 15:22
I appreciate it pullinpower, but the wheels are already in motion. Maybe someone else will be interested. I'll mention it at the DWF GTG on the 24th. How much is he willing to sell it for?

pullinpower
08-13-2002, 15:28
Email me silver, wouldnt want to upset anyone. ;)

Silver Bullet
08-15-2002, 20:48
I installed the K&N Air Charger this evening and what a difference! I can hear the turbo loud and clear and it spools up faster! I am very pleased. The only problem I had was getting the mass air sensor off as the torx screws were not the normal screws...they had a small center in them so I needed a torx socket to get 'em off. I made do with a needle nose vise grips and needle nose plyers. Two thumbs up! :D

Tomorrow...A Dynomax to replace stock muffler. This muffler will fit a full 4" system if/when I decide to go that route.

[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: Silver Bullet ]</p>

afp
08-15-2002, 21:42
SB, When you finish, your truck will be very similar to mine. My aircharger noticably improved turbo response. I also contacted Outerwears and had them make me a dry-charger to fit over my K&N filter. It cost under $25. My muffler is a 4" x 20" Magnaflow with 3.5 to 4" transition pipes. My thought was I too can keep the muffler if go with a 4" system later--though Magnaflow tells me 75% of the restriction in the stock exhaust comes from removing the stock muffler.

I am now trying to decide between the Juice and the DuraMaximizer. I seem to vacillate hourly......

BTW, where is Sachse? I am currently living near San Antonio.

Blaine

[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: afp ]

[ 08-16-2002: Message edited by: afp ]</p>

Silver Bullet
08-16-2002, 09:01
afp,
I am leaning towards the JUICE, but it is going to have to wait a while! I would also like to see the JUICE updates slow a little b/c it sounds like they are still learning a lot right now.

Sachse is a suburb of Dallas. It is NE of Dallas bordered by Richardson, Rowlett, Garland, and Wylie.

Have you noticed any performance change after putting on the Outerwear? Did it have a hole in the top for the air cleaner monitor?

MaxRock
08-16-2002, 15:23
Come on DFW members!!! We need a good turn out at this GTG! It's alot of fun to meet your fellow DMaxers and see the interesting mods they've done to their trucks.

Let's have a good turn out!!!

See ya' there!

MaxRock

afp
08-16-2002, 15:53
Steve,

The Outerwear made no difference in performance. It is open at both ends so you can use the airflow gauge. I have the dimensions and phone numbers if you want them to make you one. They have to make these special because of the need for it to be open at both ends.

I think I'm leaning toward the juice as well....

Blaine

RVGuy
08-16-2002, 20:43
I'm there!!!!!

Hope to have all my mods done by then. We'll see! Did anyone commit to bringing the suds???

deadlyman
08-17-2002, 10:59
afp does outerwear have a web page

afp
08-17-2002, 12:09
None that I can find. Their phone (800) 967-3450. The dimensions of the K&N filter for the DMax Aircharger system: OD - 7 3/8" tapering to 6 5/8." Length is 7 7/8."

Blaine

Silver Bullet
08-17-2002, 17:43
Thanks for info AFP. Here is the web page...www.outerwears.net

I have added the K&N Air Charger...WOW!!! I can hear the turbo whistle crystal clear...especially if the PS front window is down. The turbo appears to spool up faster too.

I have also added a Dynomax muffler...it sounds like a truck now!!! I love it!

I am very please with these 2 mods, but it will take a while for me to check my mileage b/c I am keeping my foot in it!!! :D I got just under 17 mpg on last tank before the mods...all concrete jungle driving. I'll check again when I can force myself to go a little easier on the go pedal!!!

On Edit: RVGuy...suds available at the BBQ joint!

[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: Silver Bullet ]</p>

deadlyman
08-18-2002, 09:38
S.B.Does your friend still have the k&n

deadlyman
08-18-2002, 15:55
sorry asked the wrong guy S.B. pullin power does your friend still have the K&N

afp
08-18-2002, 17:03
I hope you guys continue to have these get-to-gethers. I am too far behind in rifle load development for my upcoming elk hunting trip to Oregon this fall to get away next weekend. But I would be interested in attending in the future.

Also, I wonder if we have enough folks in the San Antonio to do something similar at the dragstrip in Marion?

Blaine

pullinpower
08-18-2002, 17:26
deadly man,yes I still have it,got hooked up with another local that just got a new 02 and he may want it,if not I will post and let you know.

deadlyman
08-18-2002, 21:01
Thanks pullin power really looking hard for the right cold air intake even thing making one myself

dschroeder
08-19-2002, 09:36
afp,

What model is the Dynomax muffler you put on? Was it a pain with the offsets and all that? I am thinking about maybe just doing a muffler for now. Did you have to make the expansion and reducer pieces yourself? How does the truck sound? My old one had some resonance at highway speeds and since that is where my truck is at 90% of the time it got annoying.