PDA

View Full Version : Fuzzy Logic has go to stop!!

srubrn
11-22-2002, 15:51
My duramax decided to drive itself today and roll backwards in a 180 degree turn and slam into telephone pole. Only thing I can figure is the new fuzzy logic in the computer system.

Anybody got a OEM rear bumper and hitch they don't need?

Jelisfc
11-22-2002, 15:59
I had that happen too. My car's wheels were turned far enough to allow it to do a 180 across a very busy street. Luckily it dropped a wheel off the road and didn't roll back.

You must have a weak knibbler pin in you ZF module LOL!!!

chuntag95
11-22-2002, 16:18
You would think that the computer would not let that happen. I had that happen on a '73 International Step Van (no computers on that baby). Stopped on the median in the middle of a 4 lane road. It was strange to walk out and find no truck ..... until I looked in the street. Some things never change? :confused:

MaxACL
11-22-2002, 16:19
You guys got me scared. What's a fuzzy logic and how'd it roll backwards? Did you have the brake set?

Mike

FirstDiesel
11-22-2002, 17:57
I think the fuzzy logic was with the driver not the truck. Read his sig. He has a 6 speed which means he didn't set the brake right or it slipped. Neither has anything to do with the computer and logic.

The strangest thing like that I ever saw was in a parking garage in NYC. Someone had failed to set the parking brake enough in a Toyota. It rolled halfway across the ramp and blocked it. Problem was the brake was set enough and it was up hill that they couldn't push it out of the way. No sure but I think the window some how broke itself.

Viking
11-22-2002, 20:30
More commonly called operator error.

srubrn
11-22-2002, 21:57
Maxacl,

There is such a thing as fuzzy logic. It's kinda like a comouter learning things, similiar to the Allison learning how you drive and shifting accordingly.

I guess nobody has a bumper they want to sell?

csimo
11-23-2002, 17:39
If your truck is a manual tranny as in your sig. then there's no possibility that "fuzzy logic" had anything to do with it. The ECU for the engine is not adaptive in the sense the TCU is for the Allison. Your truck has no TCU and is as dumb as a rock about what gear its in, or what the tranny is doing.

I don't know if you're serious or not when you think that the computer had anything to do with your accident, but I assure you it could not. The computer can't release the parking brake, nor can it change gears on a manual tranny.

This one is 100% driver error.

srubrn
11-23-2002, 19:22
csimo,

I was kiddin. I just didn't put the parking brake on when I got out.

MaxACL
11-23-2002, 22:31
srubrn

Don't you hate it when you have to explain a joke? I had an ATC controller ask one time if her transmission was fuzzy and I ask how old she was. Some people have NO since of humor.

Mike

PS... Nope, no bumper.
:confused:

Amianthus
11-23-2002, 22:57
I'd sell you my bumper, if you want it. Just don't mind the dent my wife put in it backing into an errant tree. :D

srubrn
11-24-2002, 03:40
Well it appears that I won't need to keep looking for another bumper. One fine contributor to this site is giving me his for the price of shipping. He is replacing his with a aftermarket. That goes to show you that this site is filled with people helping people. Ain't it GREAT!! GM should put this site on it's list of standard options.