PDA

View Full Version : Injector Pumps

DogDiesel
12-06-2003, 08:57
Problem: Low sulfer (JP-8) fuel provides insufficient lubrication. Replacing too many injector pumps.

We, the Army, have known about this problem for a decade, and the Army's contractors paid MANF for an upgrade to the pumps, so the Injector pump's low-pressure inlet-pump can operate on JP-8 Jet fuel which all Army diesels operate on.

In theatre (Iraq), all engines that have Standadyne or Bosch ROTARY (6.2/6.5/Cummins 5.9/3.9, even Perkins) injection pumps fail at extraordinary rates, while inline bosch or CAT pumps perform just fine.

Question: Does anyone know the PN for the kit that Standadyne puts in manual pumps (I believe it is a harder metal low-pressure pump ring) that has tighter tolorances?

Reason I ask, is I do not believe the pumps we are getting have this mod kit, I believe we are getting pumps designed for DF-2. We are going thru pumps too fast.

We got some smart guys looking at this, and we are all just kicking sand.

We are adding lubricant, so I'd take interest in your lube in tank fixes. TACOM says absolutely NO on Standaydyne lube, I'll tell you that up front. TACOM paid them (millions they say) to fix the injector pumps, so I'd like to isolate that kit PN:

Wayne

TanM998
02-23-2004, 18:55
The only kit that I know of for the injection pump has to deal with the arctic kit that was released to put hardened parts inside the injection pump.

Why would standadyne say that it would be bad to use their fuel treatment?

Scott
'85 Tan M998