PDA

View Full Version : Quadzilla Digital Gauge in O/H Console

DinoMax
09-04-2003, 14:30
I finally found a 3 in 1 digital gauge (EGT/Boost Pressure/Oil Temp) that I could mount in my overhead console. It's called a Monster Monitor & is available from Quadzilla. I did not want multiple gauges, and wasn't real fond of pillar mounts, and this one fit the bill perfectly. It has a display that is very easy to read, day or night, and IMHO, looks really cool :cool:

Unfortunately, I am not getting a reading on my EGT's. It stays at a constant 75 degrees. I think it is a bad probe, because my boost pressure & oil temp readings work great. I spoke w/ Jeremy @ Quadzilla, and he is shipping me another thermocoupler and lead wire ASAP. He said if that doesn't work, it might be something in the board, and he will ship me a whole new gauge. A little dissapointing, but you can't argue with fair customer service.

If anyone wants to see how it looks, just click on the address in my sig., and go to photo albums. DinoMax :D :D

Ltrainracing
09-04-2003, 14:39
Is the an internet link? And how about a price? thanks

DinoMax
09-04-2003, 14:47
www.quadzillapower.com (http://www.quadzillapower.com) The price is $349. It is a little pricey, but IMHO is worth it.
single gauge replaces 3 in a very neat, compact package. When mounted in O/H console, it looks factory, makes use of "dead" space, and seems to be very accurate.
Boost pressure reads to the tenth's (i.e. 15.9), oil temp is a 3 digit display, and EGT's are displayed 1 4 digits. You can also pre-set an EGT warning, from 900 to 1500 degrees. DinoMax :D :D

Greg McCall
09-04-2003, 15:46
Guage looks pretty small. Can you see it easy while driving ? I assume it has some illumination for night driving.....
I may need some extra strength eye glasses.
I'm interested though and have talked to Quad about the guage.

DinoMax
09-04-2003, 16:02
Greg, it is a little on the small side, but easy to read. It is illuminated at night, with a green background and black readout. Has a nice contrast. The readings, from left to right are: Oil Temp, Pyro, Boost Pressure. With the Oil Temp being 1st in line, you may have to lean your head slightly to see the first #(depending on you seating position), but the first # is normally a "1". I have not seen mine go above about 186, and in my opinion, this reading does not need constant attention. Keep in mind, I chose to mount mine flush to the panel, with no angle, because I thought it looked better that way. It should be easy to mount with a slight angle towards driver for a little easier viewing, but then the gauge would protrude somewhat from the panel. Just depends on what you want the finished product to look like. DinoMax :D :D