PDA

View Full Version : Help with TSB's

NewEnglandDmax
09-04-2003, 15:47
I did my first 2 oil changes at 2500 and 5000 miles. Also at 5000 I did the Allison spin on and rear diff. Tommorow I am taking truck to dealer to do a LOF as I just dont have time in the next month. Truck now has 8000 miles. Do I have to tell dealer specific TSB to check/fix? Or do they do them automatically? Any listing of TSB's out there that I could bring to dealer? I tried doing search but was inundated with posts. Thanks.

John

mackin
09-04-2003, 15:56
I guess you could check for bulletins here =>http://service.gm.com/techlink/html_en/

Mac

dmaxalliTech
09-04-2003, 19:45
John, one thing to remember is that a TSB is for reference regarding a particular problem. Most dealers will not perform the tsb unless you are having the issues outlined in it. Anything that is serious enough to warrent a repair will be issued in a recall or campaign.

NewEnglandDmax
09-05-2003, 19:39
Well, took it to dealer I purchased from (Woburn GMC in Woburn MA) As I was handed to 90$ bill for a LOF and tire rotation, i noticed 12 quarts of oil. Told service advisor that the Duramax only holds 10 quarts. He had the nuts to tell me "I told you when you called we dont get many diesels" WTF!!!! Can anybody recommend a good diesel mechanic/shop in Northeaster Mass/Southern New hampshire? Thanks.

John

smartfix
09-06-2003, 21:47
Quote:John
i noticed 12 quarts of oil. Told service advisor
================================================== =
Hello all

This is funny.. I was told by others that other shops have added 12 Quarts.. How can this be.. Are all Duramax's 10 Quarts or ???????

From steve :confused: