PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Brakes

watanabe
09-05-2003, 12:18
Considering installng banks exhaust brakes on a Dmax/Allison combo. Interested in feedback on this product along with suggestions for optimum perfomance?

motovet
09-05-2003, 13:10
Scroll down a bit, there has been some discussion on these in another post. I can't comment on the Banks as I have the BD, but some guys here have the Banks set up.

Gbenzx01
09-05-2003, 20:52
Not me boss,
on my Dmax motor!
Conway had all sorts of probs when they installed his & no I'm not say that is the norm since many here have been very successful.
Our little 2500 has grossed 22k once & 19k several times across the smokies with the Allison holding & hardly using brake at all.(tow/haul).
If I had the thing too heavy & my first switchback tried to take the truck off the road I would stop right there & unload something. What, I do not know. :confused:
But if I had horses or mules be better & tie abt six o them suckers to the back of the trailer & whoa down the rest of the hill! :(
And yep they may run a little warm down the backside of the Great Divide but not my Dmax.
Maybe all Allisons are not the same?
When heavy & steep we punch 4x4 & have been doing it this way with pickups for years with no probs yet. And no not recomending to anyone.
I will do whatever to keep heat going out & not coming back to my truck but then that's me.
When the time comes that I need more whoa power than what I have it will be time for the 4500. :cool:

Thanx, Gben

BTW, one more thing & I'll hush;
For anyone with no experience in the mtns & heavy loads this is simply dangerous business. Never overload these types of trucks! :(