PDA

View Full Version : Level II or III suncoast?

Murray the Cop
02-07-2004, 13:00
I am ruuning an 03 4x4 SC with the juice attitude on 125 and am thinking about stacking with a predator. The truck is mostly used as a commuter to and from work (100mi day) and to tow a 5th wheel a few times a year. I probably won't be going to the track much, maybe just to see what it can do. Light to light and beating my buddy's FRD and Porche SUV. Maybe the 150 juice after a little while.Trying to decide if I really need the level III. Thanks
Anthony

fredw
02-07-2004, 15:07
i have the level two, and all seams great so far, it has only been two months but i run the tranny very hard, putting a lot more power than the edge boxs make, and all happy still :eek:

Amianthus
02-07-2004, 15:16
As you know (cause you've seen me post every so often), I don't have a Dmax. But my advice to you is to go right to the top. Diesel power is addictive, and it is better to be over-built than to be wondering if you'll have to spend more money for an upgrade that you should've done in the first place. Trust me. I can't count the thousands of dollars I could've saved by just going straight to the top the first time. Rather than a gradual increment. But, it's your truck.

Greg McCall
02-09-2004, 14:05
I'm at the same point and am waiting to install the Stage II. There is a big difference in price and considerations between II and III. Stage III was about $2795 plus install. Not sure about the price on install yet though I believe it will be over a $1000. If your going to spend $3795 your getting close to a complete tranny price listed as $4295 at Suncoast. Probably could save $400-500 on the R & R of the tranny to make up some of the greater cost . An unknown shop would not be tearing into your tranny either.
With a complete tranny, you Now have to decide do you want to return your tranny for a core charge of $1400, or keep it. Personally I would keep it.

sdaver
02-10-2004, 05:27
"But my advice to you is to go right to the top. Diesel power is addictive, and it is better to be over-built than to be wondering if you'll have to spend more money for an upgrade that you should've done in the first place. Trust me." I could not have said it better myself. LEVEL 5 SUNCOAST for me........dave

34k on the first sold to the public upgrade up dated to level V +/- 8k miles ago. You will not find a better person to work with than Joe Webb at suncoast