PDA

View Full Version : new injection pump

Hillbilly Jim
11-02-2004, 09:46
My Dmax has had the RPM surges and finally set a code, Dealers tech said I need to replace the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel injection pump.
Does this sound right? They have ordered the parts which should be here tomorrow. I have 65000 miles so is this covered by warenty?
Hillbilly

Kennedy
11-02-2004, 10:00
Should be covered under the 100,000 mile engine warranty.

D-max Man
11-04-2004, 17:53
The D-max doesn't have an injection pump like the 6.0 & 6.5 had. It has electronic injection.

What they are referring to is the pressure pump. It has a pressure regulator on the back of the pump that can cause surging at idle if it starts sticking. Rust and other contaminates can cause this to happen. It was more common in the early 2001 engines because they didn't start using a stainless steel sleeve until midway through the year. The early steel sleeve was very susceptible to even a very small amount of water.

JK is correct that your 100,000 engine warranty should cover it however there is a $100.00 deductible.

Hillbilly Jim
11-05-2004, 14:13
Thanks to
Kennedy and D-Max man for the answers.
Got the truck back and I cant believe how smooth it idles. It had been surging for a long tim e and I just ignored it as it performed so well.
The truck was built in Nov. of 2000.
Hillbilly