PDA

View Full Version : how to tell my injectors are going

TSimpler
11-02-2004, 20:15
Tonight my truck stalled then restarted with what I will call an engine limp. The tranny was fine, but the engine would start then rev upto about 2500rpm and just stay there, no fuel ped responce at all. I could get it in gear (before the rev) and it would accel but very slowly building almost no boost.

I disconnected both batteries and when I reconnected them it started and drove just fine.

I would love any input. I have not checked the oil yet but will do so in the morning.

Thanks
Trent

More Power
11-03-2004, 12:33
Was the "Service Engine Soon" light on?

Might be worth checking for trouble codes.

MP

TSimpler
11-03-2004, 14:42
Yes the SES light was on, untill I disconnected the batteries. Would the code still be there? Do I have to goto the stealer to get the code checked?

I checked and there was no fuel in the oil.
While driving toray I took a left hand turn and the road was closed, when I hit the breaks it felt like the engine was going to die again.

Trent

More Power
11-03-2004, 15:32
The code(s) will remain in history till a prescribed number of ignition cycles have occurred without the computers seeing the same problem.

Change your fuel filter as a first step. Then visit your dealer (or someone who has an OBD II code reader) to have the codes read. Any of the current aftermarket programmers can read/reset codes. Once you get the codes, let us know. We can interpret them and offer some advice on what might be happening.

MP

billmax
11-04-2004, 02:31
TSimpler,
were you by chance using your wipers at the time? Mine cause some kind of interference with my Juice and I get some really weird reactions at times while the wipers are on.

TSimpler
11-04-2004, 06:11
No wipers on at the time. One was at night, the other in the day. Both were when I was stopping.

Trent

TSimpler
11-04-2004, 18:27
UPDATE!

Changed my fuel filter just in case and guess what I found??? Your suppose to guess.

My water in fuel wiring was disconnected (don't know how)and my filter was nasty. I poured the fuel out and it was very very nasty, I'll cut the filter open tomorrow. Must have gotten some bad fuel somewere, I did travel last week.

Noticed a big improvment in power and didn't have any trouble after the new filter.

I will keep ya posted.

Trent