PDA

View Full Version : fuel prices dropping like the temperatures?????

lookin2buy
11-03-2004, 13:05
Just a thought.....

Now that we (Republicans) control the US Senate, The House of Representatives and the White House (THANK GOD) I believe that the fuel prices will keep droping like they have been the past week or so. The curde oil has been dropping around a dollar or two a day for the past month and has increased $1.26 today and is now around $50.88. Stocks are doing very well today due to the traders feeling confident of a Bush win!!!

Brad Foss a writer with the AP wrote "Despite Wednesday's runup, Ed Silliere, vice president of risk management at Energy Merchant Corp., said he believes market sentiment has shifted strongly enough to push prices below $40 a barrel before the year is up."

So there you go folks.... fuel is dropping, and help will be here shortly. :D

tanker
11-04-2004, 02:01
Well Brad, the price per barrel dropped. But around here the stations are still high. I have not seen anything drop yet :mad: . $2.269 for Diesel is way too much :confused: . When the price per barrel went up, the stations raised their prices right away, before the oil was on the tankers. Now that it dropped it will be spring before they drop a cent! The oil companys are getting richer, the middle man is getting richer, and we are eating hot dogs so we can at least buy fuel for our cars, trucks and to heat our homes with. :( Sore subject with me. ;)

lookin2buy
11-04-2004, 09:27
tanker-

Just wait and watch :cool:

Heartbeat Hauler
11-04-2004, 09:40
I'm thinkin' that the increased demand from countries like China are going to overwhelm the supply that OPEC can create. I hope that you are correct and the prices will drop, but I'm bettin' it's not likely. I hope that I have to eat my words....$2.25 per gallon of diesel & $1.97 for unleaded...that's rediculous.
JP

lookin2buy
11-04-2004, 11:17
you see if the price per barrel is dropping and the pumps aren't... then the pumps are ripping us off. all we can do is wait and see... im still going to stick to my orginal forecast:

the price will fall with the temperatures :D

Jake99Z71
11-04-2004, 15:53
Went down 8 cents today in my area.

motovet
11-06-2004, 15:24
Station here in town is $2.45 a gallon for diesel, and state average is not much less :mad: ....thankfull for the company card! smile.gif

poolman12
11-06-2004, 16:11
diesel down from $2.15-$2.18, now seeing $2.03-$2.07 & paid $ 1.99 this A:M. looking much better in this area. never had diesel higher than gas before, no fun.

tanker
11-07-2004, 03:02
Well Brad, it went down .04 cents here in one week. Paid $2.229 yesterday. Hope it keeps dropping fast. ;)

BarryD
11-07-2004, 05:17
It is down about 4 cents here in Ontario. Was 66 per liter in January and is now 80 per liter on avg.

silverback
11-07-2004, 10:40
Still in the $2.3x range here in Phoenix. It actually seems like it went up a few cents last week. Of course we have our own non market driven problems here (like pipelines from LA and El Paso that have tendency to break).

KL

Ardie
11-07-2004, 22:33
Well Brad, thought Bush was supposed to be Jaw-boning anyway! Not going down when he and his buddies are making record profits and still got re-elected. They tout lower taxes, but that's just because they can't put taxes directly in their pockets, but they can expenses. Read between the lines people!

TanM998
11-08-2004, 10:48
I find it funny that the prices of fuel go DOWN when the supply line from Iraq to Turkey was blown up... but if someone sneezes in TX prices Double......

Scott
'85 Tan M998 W/CTIS

drgracr
11-08-2004, 17:36
in the last week fuel prices have dropped from 83.9 to 75.9 cents/liter=30.24 cent per us gal.

75.9 =$2.87 us gal.

lookin2buy
11-08-2004, 18:54
Ardie wrote:

Well Brad, thought Bush was supposed to be Jaw-boning anyway! Not going down when he and his buddies are making record profits and still got re-elected. They tout lower taxes, but that's just because they can't put taxes directly in their pockets, but they can expenses. Read between the lines people!1) President Bush does not control the oil prices. Oil is in a worldwide market, and is affected by the world's supply and demand. (I'm 20 years old and even I know this)
2) The reason the prices at our pumps go up is because demand is high and supply is low... therefore resulting in a higher price.
3) I don't believe that the president makes expenses for the country just because.... if we didn't spend any money... where would we be today???

Ardie
11-10-2004, 04:55
Brad,

Yes, we all know economics 101 except maybe Bush. There is a problem however with your equation. Where is the supply problem, is it real or percieved? The oil companies say there is a supply problem, but they don't seem to have a problem with supplies at the pump. In the 70's they did have a supply problem. I agree that the President does not really have much to do with the oil prices normally, but we all know where the Bush family ties are and who has bailed them out time and again. If your only 20 then maybe go back and read some history books. Not too serious though!

lookin2buy
11-10-2004, 08:35
Ardie wrote:
Yes, we all know economics 101 except maybe Bush. There is a problem however with your equation. Where is the supply problem, is it real or percieved? The oil companies say there is a supply problem, but they don't seem to have a problem with supplies at the pump. In the 70's they did have a supply problem. I agree that the President does not really have much to do with the oil prices normally, but we all know where the Bush family ties are and who has bailed them out time and again. If your only 20 then maybe go back and read some history books. Not too serious though! Ardie-

I have read the history books, I have done all that was required by the state of Indiana, to graduate high school... that included 4 years of World History, and American History. Recalling from memory, I don't remember my teacher teaching us about how you think the Bush adminstration is the wrong choice to lead our wonderful country. President Bush has done many great things for our country... you just have to look beyond the media spin.
So please don't tell me what I know about government, and what I don't know about it. I posted the orginal topic about oil prices and how they are dropping, not about your ignorance and stupidity.

Buck
11-10-2004, 10:24
I paid $1.42 on Sunday 11/7. Coming home from work early AM on 11/10 the price was $2.15. Kinda hurts the pocket book when it costs $59.29 to refuel, and I don't have the big truck yet....

Ardie
11-12-2004, 10:16
Well, There you go. Usually it's always the ignorant who start the name calling. If you notice my last post said not too serious! We may disagree on polotics, but the facts are the facts no matter the spin, $2.25 gal in NC and who's spinning anyway? Besides how do you get more votes than registered voters?????

Bill Voitel
11-13-2004, 05:32
Ardie, didint think the kid was calling you names. Not trying to pile on to hard here but you are the one that injected your view on our president in this thread. Might be a good idea to keep away from slamming GW for a while. Lots of folks here think he has not done such a bad job and as for his ties to
(big oil) do you really think that the dem attack dogs would have not been spewing that in the election if there had been a chance in heck they could have made it stick and tilt things in there favor with the price of fuel this high....Flying-J on I-80 here down to 2.04 yesterday.....BV :D

Dewey Faircloth
11-13-2004, 07:11
Most don't how fortunate we are in America.
The best country in the world.
Yes I've been around.
I for one and hope there are many more are
PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!
Also happy that can buy diesel fuel and can pay the price.
Remember well when cokes were a nickle but din't
have a nickle.
Dewey,

WE SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

jbplock
11-14-2004, 04:13
This is a good discussion but please refrain from name-calling http://forum.thedieselpage.com/ubb/icons/icon13.gif when expressing your opinions.

4diesels
11-14-2004, 15:17
Still a $.30 a gallon more than unleaded here :( So 2.15 in town and then add the $.20 a gallon stiff for living close to the mountains :mad:

Thank God for guys like GW! You east coasters need to wake up...did you notice the sea of red? The people have spoken like no election in recent history.

SLT556
11-14-2004, 16:38
Originally posted by Ardie:
Brad,

Yes, we all know economics 101 except maybe Bush. There is a problem however with your equation. Where is the supply problem, is it real or percieved? The oil companies say there is a supply problem, but they don't seem to have a problem with supplies at the pump. In the 70's they did have a supply problem. I agree that the President does not really have much to do with the oil prices normally, but we all know where the Bush family ties are and who has bailed them out time and again. If your only 20 then maybe go back and read some history books. Not too serious though! Yes there is a supply problem. China's consumption of oil has increased about 20% in the past year, which makes for 20% more competition on a BBL of oil on the open market, which of course is global. This means the supply shrunk 20% in relation to demand. It doesn't really matter which curve you adjust; 20% increase in demand yields the same price adjustment as a 20% decrease in supply. You don't see supply issues at the pumps because the oil is there, there's just more bidding on it (about 20% more), which drives up the price.

Now, if the demand continues to grow on our largely static supply, higher leveraged companies may not get the credit backing they need to continue purchasing expsive barrels...case and point Petro, the largest heating oil supplier in the U.S., going bankrupt three weeks ago. Petro happens to be okay because they have an enourmous amount of product in tankage to liquidate. Smaller companies may not have sufficient collateral to get the additional credit to cover escilating operating expenses. If prices get high enough fast enough, some smaller companies will fold under financial contraints, and then you will start to see shortages of fuel.

By the way, I would say the kid was on the money with his 3 points.

[ 11-14-2004, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: SLT556 ]

Ardie
11-14-2004, 17:47
Everyone,

It was not my intention to start a verbal fight, just to give my two cents. If you would read the very first post again you will see that I'm not the one who started the politics. He said now that the repubs have won the gas prices will fall. Then he said the President had no controll over gas prices? I was just simply saying I dont think that's the case! Everyone can make there own points and validate them any number of ways that make them seem legit. I believe the prices will fall again, but just like the first gulf war, they won't go back to where they came from.

lookin2buy
11-14-2004, 19:00
ARDIE WROTE-

Everyone,

It was not my intention to start a verbal fight, just to give my two cents. If you would read the very first post again you will see that I'm not the one who started the politics. Ardie-

No one else besides myself brought politics until you had to reply by knocking our president. Please stop doing that not only on here but where ever you maybe be. He is the leader of our country, the person that the majority of our great nation re-elected. I'm tired of defending myself to you Ardie, so just drop it.

Everyone,
I WOULD LIKE YOU TO POST THE FUEL PRICES IN YOUR AREA. POLITICS AREN'T FOR EVERYONE, AS YOU CAN TELL. SO WE WILL TRY AND CONTINUE TO KEEP IT TO JUST POSTING FUEL PRICES.

(Sorry guys I will have the LAST WORD on POLITICS... I'm proud of ya GEORGE W. BUSH!)

[ 11-14-2004, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: lookin2buy ]

Paintdude
11-15-2004, 18:56
I havn`t posted around here for along time and I am suprised the ADMINS are allowing this thread to stay..If you want politics we should have a forum for it..This kind of thread is not good for the Diesel Page IMO...

Rant over................

SLT556
11-15-2004, 19:18
I think diesel is around $2.35 in southwestern, CT. I know I saw it as high as $2.4something about two weeks ago.

Texas Bulldog
11-15-2004, 20:40
Prices are falling here in the great state of Texas. I paid $1.999 per gallon yesterday on I-10 between Houston and San Antonio. Two weeks ago it was $2.199

tanker
11-16-2004, 18:49
I just paid $1.999 at the "RaceTrac" I-95 exit #126 Massaponax Va. Sunday afternoon. In Maryland I passed two stations at $2.099. Today in Pennsylvania I saw $2.449 at a Sunoco station, and a ways up the road Hess was $2,259. Yeah we aren't gettin gouged on fuel, Ya just gotta shop! :D

Dihrdbowti
11-17-2004, 21:07
I think prices are $2.18-.24. Not sure as they have dropped since the last time I fueled a week ago. They were $2.29 then her in Reni Nv. Like my 21mpg 6.5 but wished I had a D-Max.

Ardie
11-18-2004, 10:14
Still $2.12 to $2.18 here in Western NC.

poolman12
11-18-2004, 16:53
$ 1.99 & dropping in N E Tx. finally seeing some stations with diesel lower than gas like it used to be. liking it!

Jomar
11-18-2004, 19:36
$1.969 here in Boerne, Tx.

Jomar

poolman12
11-20-2004, 07:32
saw $ 1.89 last night in Bogata, Tx

stutzismydog
11-20-2004, 08:41
$2.35 in northern Calif.

SLT556
11-25-2004, 08:34
Originally posted by SLT556:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ardie:
Brad,

Yes, we all know economics 101 except maybe Bush. There is a problem however with your equation. Where is the supply problem, is it real or percieved? The oil companies say there is a supply problem, but they don't seem to have a problem with supplies at the pump. In the 70's they did have a supply problem. I agree that the President does not really have much to do with the oil prices normally, but we all know where the Bush family ties are and who has bailed them out time and again. If your only 20 then maybe go back and read some history books. Not too serious though! Yes there is a supply problem. China's consumption of oil has increased about 20% in the past year, which makes for 20% more competition on a BBL of oil on the open market, which of course is global. This means the supply shrunk 20% in relation to demand. It doesn't really matter which curve you adjust; 20% increase in demand yields the same price adjustment as a 20% decrease in supply. You don't see supply issues at the pumps because the oil is there, there's just more bidding on it (about 20% more), which drives up the price.

Now, if the demand continues to grow on our largely static supply, higher leveraged companies may not get the credit backing they need to continue purchasing expsive barrels...case and point Petro, the largest heating oil supplier in the U.S., going bankrupt three weeks ago. Petro happens to be okay because they have an enourmous amount of product in tankage to liquidate. Smaller companies may not have sufficient collateral to get the additional credit to cover escilating operating expenses. If prices get high enough fast enough, some smaller companies will fold under financial contraints, and then you will start to see shortages of fuel.

By the way, I would say the kid was on the money with his 3 points. </font>[/QUOTE]If anyone cares, the predictions I made in that second paragraph are already becoming true. Senetor Dodd of CT and another one, forgot who, are pushing the Dept. Of Energy to financially assist smaller energy companies with their escilating operating expenses due to high BBL prices. This is getting a little scary!