PDA

View Full Version : Test drive my DMax?

ChopperBill
08-14-2002, 21:20
Everyone at work wants to test drive my new DMax. I really dont care to have them in my new truck. What do you guys do when this situation pop up? I tell them to go to the dealer, thats what they are there for. Am I being selfish or an A hole? Man I just paid a fortune for the new ride and I havent made the first payment yet!

DogDays
08-14-2002, 21:30
ChopperBill,

Welcome to the Forum and Congrats on your DURAMAX.

H**l no, don't let em drive it! Spread some towels on the seats and take em for a ride, but whatever you do, don't let em drive your new wheels, otherwise they might want one of their own. No, this does not make you an "A" hole, just cautious with the new baby.
You are going to love this beast! ;) ;) ;)

ThumbScott
08-15-2002, 06:06
I have given three test drives of people just riding. I do the driving. It has been pulling my fiver and out of the three, two now have duramaxes. I am glad to have taken them for a ride. I have even offered to help people find trucks around mid Michigan.

I love my truck both the new and old one. I enjoy promoting what a great thing it is. However I do the driving.

If you didn't want questions you should of went the other way. When I go camping I get a least a half dozen enquiries on how the truck tows and if I like it and you name it.

Lovin' it! Enjoy your new ride and welcome to the greatest group out there.

Kennedy
08-15-2002, 07:24
For the most part, when I let someone play with my "toys" it is at MY suggestion. Those that ask, well...

DMAX Daddy
08-15-2002, 07:56
Point them to the nearest Chevy/GMC dealer, Im sure they will oblige :cool:

Colorado Kid
08-15-2002, 08:40
I'll let 'em drive it. Where else are they gonna get a chance to try a D-max/ZF? At the dealer I drove the Duramax in one truck and the ZF in another one, had to guess how the two would go together. I've even offerred to let my Father-in-law use my truck to drag his 5th Wheel to Topeka, Kansas (he decided not to go) or eastern Idaho (He's planning to use his '88 C2500 with TBI-350 and TH-700R4, and I'm planning a rescue mission ;) ) He was plannong to order a 2500HD 8.1/Allison, but is put off by the looks of both the 2003 Silverado and Sierra. He doesn't want a diesel because they "smell bad" and "will give you trouble in the winter" :rolleyes: He has a cousin who bought one of the first 6.2s and had trouble one time with gelling...never mind that he eventually put 300,000 miles on the truck and sings the praises of the old 6.2, all my father-in-law remebers is that it gave him trouble. IF I never hear "Mike had a diesel and it gave him trouble when it got cold. You're going to regret getting that diesel when it gets cold." again it will be too soon." He won't believe that fuel and technology might be just a little different now than in 1982. Oh well, I'm sure his 8.1L, or the V-10 F*rd that he'll buy if he can't get over the looks, will tow his rig just fine.