PDA

View Full Version : Hey More Power...

Alli-max
08-14-2002, 22:05
I see you moved my topic Spokane / Seattle dmax owners to the Members area.

My question is why?? This is actually a topic that should be in the 6600 area, but if we have some 'newbies' that might be looking at the site with a dmax, they obviously wouldnt be a paid member. So, they wont be able to respond. Wouldnt that be detrimental to the site? The VERY FIRST thing I would personally do (and I feel I speak for the majority of the group) is tell these guys to join. Same thing happened to the post concerning some of us guys who met in Dallas a few months ago.

But, when meetings such as the Rendezvous are brought up, they seem to stay on the 6600 page. Why the double standard? If this is truly a site for the members, then let it stay. If it is not, then I still understand. I am not trying to stir things up, I am just trying to understand. My only complaint is that I want to meet some of my fellow Dmax brothers and sisters, but if they are new, then I guess that makes them unaccessable. :(

More Power
08-15-2002, 12:43
While some feel everything we do involves some devious plot, threads are generally moved to a more appropriate forum.

MP

Alli-max
08-15-2002, 23:04
devious plot? Are you serious? I see the sarcasm here, but still I dont understand. It is not like the bandwidth is hurting badly as a hunting site might. An appropriate forum would be where it was. In the duramax forum. If there WERE any new duramax owners that might have wanted to discuss any pleasures / problems I might have had in the past 16 months, then they missed out since this thread was moved. Too bad for them I guess since this thread was using so much bandwidth.

More Power
08-16-2002, 14:45
Appropriate forum.....

The "Duramax 6600" forum is for discussions about the "engine". Could include problem solving, performance mods, maintenance, etc., but all posts should remain centered on the "engine".

The "2500HD/3500 Trucks & Drivetrain" forum is for discussing truck and drivetrain related topics.

The "Member's Duramax Forum" is where members who own a Duramax powered truck can discuss anything remotely related to their truck.... like member meetings.......

MP

Turbo Al
08-16-2002, 18:42
Alli-max:
Please don't take this the wrong way, because I have a great deal of respect for you through reading a lot of your previous posts. There has (In my opionion) been a lot of improvement in the layout of the Forum and Jim is working hard to give ALL the interest groups their own section. In the past I have been a "little" lax in sending posts to other areas simply because there was such a large GREY area due to the limited number of forums. As the new sections come on line I (Moderators) must send the posts to the most correct forum. I personally don't like to do so but it is in the best interests of All members. It makes it so much easier to run searches etc. I do know how you feel being shipped off to a forum that has little or no posts but bear with it and the number of posts will come up as the rest of the Members catch on to the "NEW" areas.
Turbo AL

hoot
08-16-2002, 19:37
Alli-max wants non members to see his topic. How does he accomplish that?

FirstDiesel
08-16-2002, 19:48
Get them to become members?? :rolleyes:

mackin
08-16-2002, 20:03
Use a secret code??????

MAC tongue.gif

Paintdude
08-16-2002, 20:30
Could we have a classified section? So memebers could sell members Duramax stuff..

with no pics and no clickable links it wouldn`t cause any bandwith problems and it could save members the cost of selling stuff on EBAY..Everyone benefits.IMO..

I mean a section we-members not admins could add our own stuff to like a classified message board..

[ 08-16-2002: Message edited by: Paintdude ]</p>

More Power
08-17-2002, 10:10
The "Member's Duramax Forum" is viewable by anyone with internet access. You don't need to login or even be registered to view it.

The Member's Duramax Forum was setup that way for precisely the reasons Mark and others here wanted.

Paint - We may someday have a classified ad forum, and we will likely someday get link/image posting ability back. Till that time, I'd recommend using our existing classified ad page.
http://www.thedieselpage.com/classad.htm

MP

[ 08-17-2002: Message edited by: More Power ]</p>