PDA

View Full Version : Isuzu losing money on US Market?

Dave_WB3FYV
08-15-2002, 10:28
Just read an article in USA Today about Isuzu losing lots of money this year and GM having to bail them out with a $500 million injection, $50 million from losses in the US market. Hope this doesn't make our engines orphans! I have enough vehicles that I can't buy parts for, was hoping this truck would get support through the rest of MY life at least!

Anybody hear if this will impact Dmax supply and support? My initial reaction was that this might be why it's taking so long to get certain replacement parts, like injectors... Hope I'm wrong! :confused:

hoot
08-15-2002, 10:41
This has been ongoing for a few years. The restructuring was only a matter of time. Isuzu doesn't have much automobile business in the US.

But...

GM is getting 100% ownership of the Duramax line and is raising it's stake of Dmax LTD to I believe 60%.

They basically will own the Isuzu diesel business but they are dropping back to 12% of Isuzu Motors.

"GM finally has recognized its failure and acquired what it could -- even if it took nearly 30 years to do it"

http://detnews.com/2002/autosinsider/0208/15/autos-561902.htm

More Power
08-15-2002, 12:17
Moved to "Industry News"

Good post Hoot....

MP