PDA

View Full Version : Edge irregularities, & JK

carco
11-06-2004, 17:51
Purchased an Edge w/Attitude from John Kennedy, for 04 LLY. JK was very accomadateing to purchase from, Thank You, John! Very easy install. Hope JK can procure a mounting bezel for roof console mount of attitude monitor.
Questions; now, since Edge, sometimes @ idle the engine misses lightly, sometimes 1-2 times or maybe several times closely together continually. Engine also seems to rattle or ping under light load or light accel up to 70 mph, over 70 mph very quiet, @ any power level. Does provide more power and so far slightly better fuel mileage over the last 1000 miles. Thanks, bob.........

OC_DMAX
11-06-2004, 18:36
Had a problem with the Edge Juice/Attidtude that I purchased last January also. On the LB7's the truck would occasionally "No-Start". On some of the later versions of the Juice, the problem now is with complete engine shutdowns when accelerating from a start. A lot of the people with LLY's and Edge products are experiencing similar "glitches" that you mention. I think a lot of the problems Edge is now experiencing is with their "hardware". For the LB7's, I truthfully believe that their fueling curves were some of the best for what I use my truck for (towing). However, it becomes really frustrating when their hardware lets the user down. Maybe someday they will get the bugs worked out.

Kennedy
11-09-2004, 05:17
There's been a good bit of discussion about program updates from GM. I'd suggest looking into this ASAP. Modules can aggravate issues in the stock programming some times.

Attitude overhead mounts are on the way. these are not the garden variety that position the monitor flat in the console. They tilt it to favor the driver's view as LCD's are hard to read at an angle...

Greg McCall
11-12-2004, 05:53
Bob,
I would not rule out the Edge here. I have had one bad Edge box. Edge had to replace one for me. The truck would run fine, start okay, but when I tried to accellerate it would start missing.

tpitt
11-12-2004, 14:51
My LLY was doing the rattling before warmed up. It spent 2 & 1/2 days at Edge in July while I was on my way to the pull-off. They never could figure out the problem. Had the re-flash done a little before I went to BD Power's dealer and dyno days. Took care of the problem completely. Stacked it with BD's Intimidator on the 3rd setting and the Edge on number 5. Obtained 415 rwhp with the combo. I actually had the highest hp Duramax there. Try the re-flash. tpitt