PDA

View Full Version : question for Leer 122 cap owners, scott and Mac, etc

James S
08-15-2002, 19:02
Hey Scot,

I have a question for you regarding the reply you posted in the thread on Mac's Leer canopy. What milage are you getting in town, and on the highway at sixty, or sixty-five miles an hour? Also, what do you think of your bedrug, bed liner? Does it cover the tail gate? What parts of the box does it cover? Can you see into the box with your canopy on? For safety reasons, I need to get one, where noone can see what I have in the box, because I will be carrying around woodworking equipment, etc. Also, can you put tie down hooks in the stake pockets, with the canopy on, so I can strap things down, so they do not fly around in the box? Thanks for the answers.

James

spctr13
08-15-2002, 20:31
The side windows could be eliminated ,probably at a little savings in $s , but the large rear hatch window leaves everything in the bed in view . Possibly a dark tint would help , film etc..

As for the stake pockets , they are completly covered by the cap , but could ?? be cut to accept tiedowns . I would check with sales , installer .

Best mileage in mixed rural , city driving 20.8mpg. This is a heavy truck , with the 98 gallon tank , a generator , compressor , tools etc . puts it up over 8500#s to start out .

Mac