PDA

View Full Version : Racor Supplemental Fuel Filter

Web
11-08-2004, 07:05
I'm sure the Racor Supplemental Fuel Filter RK32313 has been evaluated here while I was gone, but I couldn't find any reference to it when I searched.

So what's the conclusion, how does it's performance stack up to the other options?

Thanks in advance

Web

More Power
11-08-2004, 08:46
We have an installation and review of a Racor fuel filter (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/features/ritchiehays.htm) currently available in the Member's Area.

MP

56Nomad
11-17-2004, 23:57
Hi Web,

I've had them all...... Post OEM Racor, Pre OEM Racor and finally settled on the Pre OEM frame
mounted CAT 2 micron filter.

Good arguments for either Pre or Post filtration,
however my reason to switch to CAT was pure
economics. My filters now cost $9 (CAT) versus $18(RACOR) plus shipping for RACOR. CAT filters
can be purchased in any town. RACOR filters are
hard to find. Locally, the marine supply store
would order me a 2 micron RACOR for about $40!

Do some searching and you'll find almost too
much information smile.gif

LanduytG
11-18-2004, 05:35
Racor is by far the easiest system to install. All the systems perform about the same. Our kit is available any way you want it, meaning you can get it with or without the heater and water sensor. Or you can get which ever one you want. Comes standard with a 2 micron but we can put on what ever you want. Kits comes complete with rock guard and filter bowel wrench and NOTHING else to by.

Greg

norskeman
11-19-2004, 17:22
I went with Greg's(LanduytG) kit - works great and easy to install.

2004 GMC 2500HD Ext. Cab, Long Box ,Duramax (LB7)/Allison; GMC bed liner; Air Lift Super Duty air bags; Michelin LT265/75-R16 LTX M/S ; Luverne Running boards; Bilstein shocks; Isspro gauges; Racor frame mount fuel pre-filter.

crew84
11-19-2004, 21:49
I went with Greg's(LanduytG) kit also. It was easy to install. Just remember if you want to put in a TransferFlow Midship tank you will have to chose between them. If the filter can be moved forward towards the front of the truck then both could be installed. I do not know how that could be done.