PDA

View Full Version : LLY and speedometer calibrations

DURA-MAX3
02-14-2004, 17:03
Just wondering if you will be able to recalibrate the speedometer on the new trucks with the LLY engine after changing tire sizes...I think that is crap that on a heavy duty pick-up you can't change tire sizes for different work conditions and have a speedometer that reads correct...

JoeyD
02-15-2004, 05:47
I have been pricing a new truck this past week and in the order book it lists an adjustable feature for the speedo when the truck is used by a rail yard as the install tall skinny tires for riding on the tracks.
It is just GM BS not wanting to do it. They could do it easy they just don't want to.

saywhat
02-15-2004, 14:31
The 2004 D/A 3500 Single Rear Wheel model is supposed to come with 265/75/16 tires.I wonder if there is progaming to recalibrate the 2500 D/A to 265 tires.

RocketsDmax
02-19-2004, 20:23
You guys should check with your local dealer, They should be able to get you calibrated with a new v.c.i. program from GM if you arent going to big on the tires. It will cost you something, dont know how much though. If most of you dont know already GM if offering 20" wheel options for certain vehicles and these vehicles will have to have there PCM's reprogramed with a new V.C.I. program. So speedo recalibration is possible.

Rocket