PDA

View Full Version : Trukin Trend.......

mackin
08-15-2002, 20:52
Seen the latest issue? There is a diesel Performance upgrade section......They mention The JUICE......Where to get it?
www.kennedydiesel.com

Seems JK is branching out to some MAGS ........HHMMMM what's next info commercials?

Just busting I did think it was real cool to see your web page mentioned .......Good going .......Are we gonna see your truck in a CENTER FOLD SPREAD?

MAC :D tongue.gif :D

[ 08-15-2002: Message edited by: mackin ]</p>

csimo
08-16-2002, 07:43
All it takes is money or sending them free products to get a mention. Remember that those rags are nothing but advertisements.

I knew the person (he's now deceased) that sent a round magnet to Motor Trend in 1966 claiming that it greatly improved gas mileage and performance. He wrote a nice letter, but he intended it as a joke. They wrote a paragraph about the product (which never really existed and what he sent them would have been impossible to install) and the next thing you saw was hundreds of these things on the market.

My point is not that the Juice or Kennedy are bad, but rather that it has very little to do with the product or the reseller... just who gets their attention.

Kennedy
08-16-2002, 10:58
The magazine is Motor Trend's "Truck Trend" The article is basically a Diesel Performance Products buyer's guide and actually, I sent them nothing more than ad copy.

I should add, for the record, that THEY contacted ME...

[ 08-16-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

csimo
08-16-2002, 14:19
kennedy said "I sent them nothing more than ad copy."

That's the key! Be honest... if you didn't run an ad you wouldn't have been mentioned. It's that simple.

Didn't you ever notice that whoever has be biggest ad is always the one that comes out on top in the reviews?

Same with Crank & Chrome, Shadetree Mechanic, and all the rest of those TV shows... they aren't interested in the product, just the money. They do nothing for free.

Diesel to the MAX
08-16-2002, 14:44
This same issue has an extra feature titled

thechevyhdman
08-16-2002, 17:11
Actually on the same note I was hoping to see what Dmax diva looked like, checked out her picture sight and left empty-handed. Im telling ya man theres something about a girl driving a truck that makes me go wild.The only exception being when my girlfriend drives my truck which means 2 things. 1 being) Im drunk...and two well I guess I could sum it up in this, a 2 at ten.. is a ten at 2.

Kennedy
08-16-2002, 20:48
csimo,

I didn't PAY either.

That may change soon though...

DMAXDiva
08-17-2002, 10:52
Hey MAX Diesel and HD Man:

I must fess up...I only just subscribed to Truck Trend last month (I've been subscribing to Motor Trend, Car & Driver and Automobile for several years...I should be ashamed!). I did'nt know about the section beforehand, but was certainly pleased to see those gals proudly displaying their rides. I am going to submit pics of my truck for the upcoming "reader's rides" section that will likely be out in October. We'll see if it makes it...