PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injectors

atmdoc
07-12-2005, 15:10
I have 139K on my 99 Sub, 20K on the IP. I want to replace my injectors. Any suggestions on what type: stock or high performance? I'm mainly interested fuel economy. I haven't done any mods yet but exhaust and gauges will be done before the injectors.

[ 07-12-2005, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: atmdoc ]

Dvldog 8793
07-12-2005, 16:37
Howdy
If your mainly interested in economy and happy with the performance then I would stick to the standard NEW injectors, open up the air intake path, and open up the exhaust. Also switch to synthetic in the diffs and trans.
Have fun
L8r
Conley

TurboDiverArt
07-15-2005, 02:14
Originally posted by atmdoc:
I have 139K on my 99 Sub, 20K on the IP. I want to replace my injectors. Any suggestions on what type: stock or high performance? I'm mainly interested fuel economy. I haven't done any mods yet but exhaust and gauges will be done before the injectors. I have been thinking of changing injectors too. Wickliff Diesel makes a set of HP injectors that are a really good deal at $375. Not balanced I think like other HP injectors but neither are stock ones. If you do a search someone had checked and they have the good atomizing tips and I believe the pop pressure was either 2000 or 2200. Website is dieselhelp .com. They are comparable to brand new stock injectors. Just something to think about when comparing to stock injectors.

Art.

turbovair
07-15-2005, 06:40
Had great results with the injectors JK offers.Stay with stock.

C.K. Piquup
07-17-2005, 03:19
HP injectors will show no benefit w/o other mods.Stay stock,buy from board advertiser.

JohnC
07-18-2005, 12:34
High pop injectors will have a positive effect on economy due to improved atomization. How muuch I can't tell you. And you may just find your old injection pump isn't up to the task...

High flow injectore will likely have a negative effect on economy for the opposite reason: less than optimal atomization at lower fuel rates.