PDA

View Full Version : Duramaxmizer - yes or no

NETMINDER
09-08-2003, 11:32
I have an '03 and have been looking to purchase a Duramaximizer but I already have a Hypertech programmer and a Banks exhaust. Would the combonation of these 3 things stack well?

king D
09-08-2003, 17:20
in my opinion the mizer will add a good deal of power to your set up.be careful it could put you up ther in limp mode territory.however the mizer can be turned to the desired hp,good product a real pain in the ass to install but good non the less....jess

Texas Red Wagon
09-08-2003, 18:27
Oh Jess it's not that bad. tongue.gif
Actually everything he said is true. It does take a longer to install. Should make decent power with your combo. Being able turn the power up on the fly is also a nice feature. Just don't swing into the dealership without spending a little time at home first. :D
Scott

REC06
09-08-2003, 21:30
Netminder,
I have the mizer and the ppe reflash for about 9 months. It is a great combo. Both have on the fly adjustment. The mizer adds about 50 hp if my ppe reflash is on high. The only troble the other talk about is worth it to have that dial in the cab. Not to bad at all to install. I have had no fuel leaks what so ever. I also have a dynomax muffler on the 3.5 stock exhaust system and a k&n fpik intake. Go for it.

NETMINDER
09-09-2003, 07:08
What is 'limp mode territory' ?? That Jess talked about ...

Texas Red Wagon
09-09-2003, 13:36
I never had limp problems with the mizer. you will if you get the tech IV. 112 setting an above.
Scott

JEBar
09-09-2003, 14:00
When I was looking for a power box, the Duramximizer started out as my first choice. I changed my mind and went with a Juice unit for 1 reason .... I wanted a box that could quickly and easily be removed whenever I needed to put my truck in the shop. The Juice unit provided me with that ability, a Duramaximizer didn't ... Jim

Kennedy
09-09-2003, 14:11
Originally posted by NETMINDER:
What is 'limp mode territory' ?? That Jess talked about ... The Duramaximizer alone does not have the power to put you atrisk, but when stacking boxes, particularly with ANYTHING but the VA SB-E and Juice (trans. slip derate) you are at risk.

Basically, the trans watches slip speeds and if you slip too much, it puts you into 3rd gear default aka limp home mode.

One thing people are missing, and/or in denial over is that the Allison isn't as quick or tight with this parameter as one thinks. Motovet and BassinRV were with me when I put up 500 rpm :eek: of slip speed through my Allison, backed out of it and drove on like nothing happened without hitting limp mode. This was with a non protective box. The protective boxes just would NOT make the power on my ailing clutches. After ATS did my clutches, the power came back with these boxes almost like magic proving that they DO manage power to MINIMIZE slippage.

I was very vocal a while back about NOT stacking on a stock Allison, and recall a replies of "No worries here" and such. Well, these same people are now suffering tranny issues, and upgrading out of necessity, not choice...

NETMINDER
09-11-2003, 08:46
Kennedy, I think I'll take your advice. But I see your from WI. I'm from the central part of the State myself over by Wausau. Any chance you could sell me an air intake - I think that the AFE II is the poular 1 that people like araound here ...

Kennedy
09-11-2003, 09:14
I'm originally from the greater Wausau (Weston) area and get there quite frequently. Won't be there this weekend as Saturday we'll be in Tomahawk at the Fall Ride (IF I get my bike cleaned yet this week) but I frequently zip in/out on Friday eves or weekends. I typically have the AFE Stg II in stock, and could surely bring one along.

Whatever you do, DON'T try a Juice or Quad tuner because as soon as you do, the honeymoon will be over :eek: ...

RVGuy
09-11-2003, 10:29
Quote from JK: Whatever you do, DON'T try a Juice or Quad tuner because as soon as you do, the honeymoon will be over..

When I purchased the Juice I thought the honeymood began. :D

Then when I purchased the Quad I thought I was on my second honeymoon. :D

But when I put them together, I thought I was having an affair!! redface.gif tongue.gif :eek:

NETMINDER
09-11-2003, 11:41
Kennedy, That sounds like a plan. I work in the Industrial Park right off of 29 - I'd think we could set something up. I'll get your number off the website and call you. We can talk shop.... :cool:

NETMINDER
09-11-2003, 11:45
Even though I actually live up by Merrill I won't be at the annual fall ride. Have fun :cool: