PDA

View Full Version : 78543 miles Injectors

Kirkes
11-12-2004, 20:00
About a month ago my SES light came on. On the way to the dealer the light went off. Theey said it threw a code for the fuel rail but could'nt do anything because it was fine at the time. About 2 weeks later the light came back on again & went back off after 5-10 starts & has been doing this two times a day up to today. Took it to the shop today & left it running till they checked the code it was throwing. Well you guessed it the injectors are bad. Estemented time for arival 3 to 6 weeks. They give me a rental but it not the same. Is there anybody that has ant info. on how to get these things any quicker? :confused:

More Power
11-14-2004, 15:28
It would appear that time awaiting parts varies around the country. I heard last night of a local Duramax that was diagnosed in need of new injectors (smoking, rough running, low fuel economy & low power), and its owner was told a wait of about a week was the norm.

MP

Jim Dandy
11-14-2004, 15:39
Update: Duramax Fuel Injector #97729095 (LB7). Due to the critical backorder situation with this part, we will communicate the current status weekly. This information is the same that you would receive if you were to call SPAC. We hope the weekly communication will save you time by minimizing the need to call the Service Parts Assistance Center (SPAC). Every effort is being made to increase the supply of injectors.

As a reminder:

Jim Dandy
11-14-2004, 15:44
On a somewhat related topic:

Subject: Part Restriction on the Duramax Diesel Injectors (VIN 2 - RPO LLY)

Models: 2004/2005 Chevrolet Kodiak, Silverado, 2004/2005 GMC Sierra, TopKick and Medium duty C45, C55 with the 6.6L Duramax Diesel (VIN 2 -RPO LLY).

The Duramax Diesel injectors that are being returned have had a very high No Trouble Found rate on the 2004/2005 6.6 Duramax Diesel (RPO Code LLY). These injectors will be placed on a restriction program effective November 15th, 2004. This only involves one part number for the truck. Please have your diesel technician do a thorough diagnosis, using the service manual procedures. Using the Service manual procedures can prevent the unnecessary replacement of components. Be sure to fill out the attached Diagnostic Worksheet prior to contacting PQC which is attached to this message as an excel file. Contact PQC only after the proper diagnosis has been performed.

fishhead
11-16-2004, 17:09
I hope you get the injectors soon. I have had all 8 of my injectors replaces 3 times. The second time was the new design. It took over a month to get the parts every time. But now, GM is buying back my truck. I only hope the 2005 has less problems.
Marci

NFLDMAX
11-17-2004, 04:38
Every time I get in my truck, I look at the odometer reading and can't help but wonder "when" :(

Kirkes
11-17-2004, 16:50
When reading all the posts on injector problems and for the most part I didnt have any of the symtems. No smoke, no loss of power, the only thing I had was the SES light. I fill pretty lucky that I made it as long as I did. Hopefuly I wont have to go threw this again.

Brent

56Nomad
11-17-2004, 23:41
44,000 miles on my 2002. Just had Marco Polo
check my injectors with one of those fancy
computers. All 8 injectors were fine and within
specs.

quadrunner500
11-19-2004, 17:14
Reminds me of when Dave Letterman was calling all those 1-800-HowsMyDriving? numbers.

They'd go, "yeah...what's wrong?"

Letterman, "oh nothing...he doing fine!"

WayCoolKennel
11-26-2004, 16:05
I wanna know how you guys got a rental ????

Mine has 80k and they said nope.. your on your own...

Had to borrow a friends truck (luckily I had a friend in the city where it broke down 230 miles from home) now I'm making trips back and forth to get his truck returned to him etc..

If they would have covered a rental van or truck for me it would have saved me 9 hours of driving.. still have 6 more hours to drive tomorrow back and forth..

Kirkes
11-26-2004, 19:53
I didnt know there was a problem with getting a rental. They told me what the problem was & how long it would take & I told them I needed a rental they said no problem I was good for up to $40 some dollors a day. Update: I might be getting my truck back on Mon. :D Ill let you know how it goes when I get it.

Brent

WayCoolKennel
11-27-2004, 05:55
Must just be the dealer ? I talked to both the deal and warrantee folks.. both said no go on the rental. Didnt leave a good taste in my mouth especially since they seem to know there's a problem with the injectors...

You done good Kirkster ;) hope you get your truck back Monday.

Kirkes
12-04-2004, 17:05
Well got the truck back Mon. Still up in the air what I think. I need to run 1 more tank of fuel threw it to make a better openion (sorry about the spelling)of what I think.
So far it seemed to have more power & better fuel mileage with the bad injectors that they replaced.
Old 16+ mpg
New 14+ mpg
I dont like this very much. Have any of you members how have had this done found the same thing?

Brent

WayCoolKennel
12-05-2004, 11:09
Well got mine too .. unfortunately I made it 75 miles before it belched and is now broken again.

No power, black smoke out the exhaust. Back to the drawing board :(

Poor fuel mileage is not a good though... :(