PDA

View Full Version : New member ... introducing myself

3TV
08-16-2002, 18:46
Hi folks, just thought I would take this chance to introduce myself. I purchased an '03 Chevy Crew Cab SWB 4x4 D/A earlier this week, and expect to have a few questions come up as time goes by. This looks like a good place to find the answers, so I decided to join up.

The '03 Duramax is replacing an '02 Dodge Cummins, and is my first Chevy since 1977, so I have been over in the Ford and Dodge camps for way too long. This Chevy is a far cry different than my last one, LOL. :eek:

Thanks in advance for the help this forum is sure to provide; looking forward to the comradarie.

Phil.

ChopperBill
08-16-2002, 18:51
Welcome 3TV from the ole Chopper. Newbie myself. Seems like a great bunch of guys and a whole lot of info.

[ 08-16-2002: Message edited by: ChopperBill ]</p>

afp
08-16-2002, 18:52
3TV,

Welcome! I bought my D/A a couple months ago, and I too find this site a good place for information. I saved myself a trip to the dealer after I started hearing the "ticking," and have learned a bunch of other stuff. Of course, these loonies here will have you thinking your truck is underpowered in short order, which result in intake, exhaust, and computer chip mods. I did the intake before I joined this forum, and it wasn't long before I did the exhaust. They now have me debating between the "Juice" chip or the "Duramaximizer." I am having a hard time with that one........

Blaine

Hunter
08-16-2002, 18:55
welcome to the site.You can find about anything you want to know about Dmax here.
How does the Dmax compare to cummins or is there any comparison?

DMAXDiva
08-16-2002, 19:15
Welcome 3TV!

Congrats on the new truck...I don't think you'll regret the switch from Cummins to DMAX (I still have a '94 Cummins, but it just sits most of the time...I'm havin' way too much fun with the my MAX! :D )...

Enjoy!

hoot
08-16-2002, 19:34
Welcome 3TV,

Good choice ;) Enjoy the site and don't take us all too seriously.

Do you have the truck? Tell us more about it.

Where from art thou?

mackin
08-16-2002, 20:07
3TV ,

Welcome ........

Ask away.......

MAC

Paintdude
08-16-2002, 20:14
Welcome 3TV, I to joined only a few weeks ago..Resistance was futile..Seems like a good bunch around here to me..

GMC-2002-Dmax
08-16-2002, 20:22
Welcome to the Forum,

I hope you enjoy the trucks, and if your buddies drive F**Ds or D****Es tell them to get a good look at your grill 'cause all they'll see from now on is your tail lights! ;)

Regards,

GMC :D

3TV
08-16-2002, 21:44
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I live in southern Utah, in Cedar City to be precise.

How does the DMax compare to a Cummins HO? That is an interesting contrast. The Cummins feels like it has more grunt right on the bottom end, but the DMax clearly has a LOT more from the middle, and on up. The Chevy is so much more comfortable, quieter, better handling, and has such better feeling steering, compared to the Dodge, that there really is no comparison.

Plus I like the purty "Arrival Blue" color of the Chevy. The new front end made me do one of these :eek: when I first saw it, but it has since grown on me, and I have gone through the :confused: phase, followed by the :rolleyes: phase, and now reside squarely in the :cool: zone.

3TV

ChopperBill
08-16-2002, 21:51
3TV the new front isnt as bad as I thought it was going to be. When someone said Avalache I about barfed, but it really isnt quite the same. I even like the "02" GMC fronts better than my "03" but still am happier than a pig in poop with it. :D Someone may come up with power dome hoods for our "03",s and that will spruce them up.

JEBar
08-17-2002, 05:53
Glad to have you here 3TV ... The guys on this forum have taught me a lot over the last year (not to mention helped me spend a considerable amount of money...all of which was absolutely essential) .... one of the best sites of any type on the net, once again, welcome aboard :cool: