PDA

View Full Version : Hypertech

coloradoguide
02-16-2004, 12:05
What does everyone think of the hypertech power programmer? Anyone using it? Can get one cheap, please advise. Not looking for crazy power, just to fix 235/85 tire size and get a little more power. Worried about Allison and injector problems.

tcelano1
02-16-2004, 22:39
Hi,

I'm using a Hypertech on Level II in my '02 with the ZF-6. It does exactly what it says, and makes the truck a lot more fun to drive and pull with. Sure, there are boxes out there that will put out more power, but this one seems well thought out, doesn't set any codes, and doesn't seem to overtax the motor at all. I actually am working on a custom project now, and got hold of an '04 LLY motor. I've been trying to figure out if it will accept Hypertech. Several sites are listing the Hypertech as being applicable to '01-'04, but I've heard there are '04 model year trucks with LB7's still. Does anyone know? Thanks!

VtwinMax
02-20-2004, 07:00
Hi,

I just used/installed Hypertech on my 03 Duramax and it does what it says. In addition to the HP and torque increase, it made my motor quieter and provided smoother shifts. I'm happy I did it and don't have any regrets. I am waiting to see what it does for fuel mileage (on the next tank, because I'm having too much fun with it now.) I plan on upgrading the tires and exhaust in the next 6 months and will use the Hypertech to help with the tire size adjustment.

Timberline
02-20-2004, 18:03
I have been curious about the Hypertec programmer myself esspecially since I have the ZF in mine like tcelano1. I would like to hear from anyone on the fuel mileage gain or loss with the Hypertec. The Hypertec seems to be a better fit for my truck versus the chip.
I have talked to a Dodge guy that has chipped his truck and is seeing 3-4 mpg increase in mileage. I know, I know, you gotta take the Dodge boys with a grain of salt.

Rockin
07-02-2004, 09:59
Yes, there are '04 lb7's. I have one. LLY is considered by many to be '04.5