PDA

View Full Version : Factory Option Fast Idle Kit?

ccole
11-13-2004, 19:40
Does anybody know if there is there a GM kit available to install a "fast idle" option to the Duramax/Allison? I know several of you guys have made your own....but just curious if there is a GM kit (to avoid any warranty issues).

Thanks!

DmaxMaverick
11-13-2004, 20:50
There is no "kit" available. Nor should there be. You could buy a kit from an aftermarket supplier and pay nearly $300 for it. The cab/chassis models have the high idle (PTO throttle) built in, so OEM parts are available, and the programming is easy.

Spend less than $30 for all the parts and install them yourself. It only involves a switch (which is optional), wire, and some connectors. There should be no issues with warranty, as the feature is OEM on other models.

4diesels
11-14-2004, 15:23
Is it a reprogram the dealer can/will help with?

My '03 Dodges do this on their own. Between that and the integrated electric brake controller on Fords, GM has a little catching up to do ;)

Kennedy
11-17-2004, 05:47
Mdrag did a super job of writing this up. It is on my web site under Tech Tips. I just did my LLY and you'd be hard pressed to find my wiring.

I should add that the LLY has a computer controlled "Elevated Idle" built in, but this manual setup through the PTO function gives better user control since the OEM will not activate above 32