PDA

View Full Version : Mega air build up fix, so far so good...

BlueOx03
02-17-2004, 13:54
This may be of some interest to those who have had air problems with the Mega filter...

I was recently challenged to fix the air problem with the Mega filter head and I've met this challenge.

I've modified the nipple of a Mega filter head to prevent the ever present air in our fuel system from collecting in the filter.

I'm testing this modified filter head on a fellow member's truck who had air build up problems. He said the the air would present itself at start up and this problem got worst as the temperature dropped during the fall. He removed the Mega because of this problem. I had the machining done at a local shop and gave him the kit. He reinstalled it on his truck just over a week ago. He hasn't ran many miles, but he has started it may times. may times with no problems that is...

I'll keep you guys posted good or bad...

Take Care...

Ox

Kennedy
02-17-2004, 17:11
I too have 3 test subjects running test mods. Initial results are likewise, so far so good...

BassinRVer
02-18-2004, 05:41
I'll be the first in line for the modified parts.

zip
02-21-2004, 12:04
John, I'm getting ready to order a mega filter. Should I hold off until the improvements are verified or order now and add later?
BTW, good luck with your dyno dilemma.Lots of us may never use it but we're still pulling for your success. Just thought you'd like to know... zip

Kennedy
02-22-2004, 10:49
zip,

In the end, I believe the BEST solution will be to keep the fuel under pressure and eliminate the air rather than letting it pass.

At this point, I'm thinking of this as a reactive modification for those who experience a problem as only a relatively small percentage have any troubles. I'm also not sure how the general public will view my mod. BlueOx had a different idea, and I hope it works as his is a better alternative. The only unknown with his is that the entire setup was removed for some time, and then reinstalled entering in variables. The test cases that I have kept the same filters etc, just dropped the filter and nipple, then swapped in the modified nipple. No changes of elements, hoses, etc...

Buck
02-25-2004, 09:42
Hey Blueox03, have you got any pics of your mod that you are willing to share?