PDA

View Full Version : Congrats!

Kennedy
09-11-2003, 07:01
Let's hope it runs as smoothly and flawlessly as a Duramax!

This site IS, WAS, and ALWAYS WILL BE the number one resource for the GM light duty disels. No other site has even 1/100th the technical content that the DP provides to it's members!

Guys and gals, remember, there's more to this site than just a Forum...

jbplock
09-11-2003, 07:17
Originally posted by kennedy:
.... This site IS, WAS, and ALWAYS WILL BE the number one resource for the GM light duty diesels. No other site has even 1/100th the technical content that the DP provides to it's members! ... AMEN!

smile.gif

More Power
09-11-2003, 07:37
We've cleared a big hurdle since yesterday with the move to a brand new hi-speed dedicated server.

Problems with BB forums are generally cumulative. Most BB forums out there on the internet operate on a shared server with many other web sites, which is the cheapest way to go. Over time, if the forum becomes popular, server response time slows and glitches begin to crop up.

We migrated this BB forum to a single server about 15 months ago. Since that time, it gradually lost its ability to keep up. With as many as 300 simultaneous users and 50+ Gb bandwidth, server response slowed during peak online useage times.

The new server is many times faster, has an enormous Raid mirrored hard drive system, and has as much bandwidth as will be required.

The BB forum server is just serving forum pages - nothing else. The content side of The Diesel Page (feature articles, product reviews & tech pages)was serving between 300,000 to 500,000 web pages per month. The BB forum was serving approximately 1M. Separating the content operation from the forum will add additional speed to both servers. TheDieselPage.com's content will remain at the original ISP.

In addition, the new ISP host is a state-of-the-art operation with full-time staff 24/7/365 who understand UBB's.

It was a pleasure working with the new ISP. They did the transfer and UBB setup. All I did was schedule, interact between ISP's, and fret.

Should be good to go!

MP

dmaxalliTech
09-11-2003, 17:44
WOW, MUCH faster site now, I love it! Thanks Jim!

hd90rider
09-11-2003, 18:11
Great speed! Good Job Jim :D :D :cool:

sdaver
09-12-2003, 04:05
glad its back and better :D dave

[ 09-12-2003, 04:40 AM: Message edited by: sdaver ]

Lawnboy
09-12-2003, 04:16
Hey Jim,

With all this new....."POWER" ;) Will we have the feature of posting images from our hard drive? Right now I think we can post an image, but it has to be "on the net" somewhere for the DP to call it every time its loaded. I don't know what this is called, but many fourms have it. Its a little box at the bottom of the post page that has a "BROWSE" button. Simply hit that, and choose where on your computer you have the image saved, locate it, and click on it. Rather simple, and I think it would be a nice feature with the new server.

BTW, the fourm is notibly faster! Not that I ever experienced it being slow, but there is no lag now whatsoever.

HDLD
09-12-2003, 09:09
Searches are definately much faster. Now if we could only have the cursor go automatically to the Search Word field smile.gif

a bear
09-12-2003, 10:03
I'll 2nd all of the above. :D

gene smith
09-12-2003, 16:07
Bear done 2nd it so I guess Ill have to third it

Geno

moondoggie
09-13-2003, 15:49
Good Day!

Kennedy said "No other site has even 1/100th the technical content that the DP provides to it's members!" Thanks for being one of the big reasons that this is so.

Thanks, Jim for saving my hide so many times.

Blessings!

Brian Johson

BlueOx03
09-14-2003, 21:13
It's good to come back from vacation to find some good positive stuff on an improved forum! smile.gif :D tongue.gif tongue.gif That and DD is now serving Cappuccino so I can work all day and stay up all night on here! smile.gif tongue.gif smile.gif