PDA

View Full Version : How long to wait to use Juice?

tim@cmsinter.net
09-12-2003, 17:05
Just brought the 2004 home after trading in the 2002. Any kind of recommended break in period before I put the Juice on the new truck?
Thanks

DMAX Daddy
09-12-2003, 18:09
I gave mine 4k just to make sure I didnt get a stinker. No wisdom, just the number I picked.

mackin
09-12-2003, 18:40
How much self control do you have ?? Are you easily egged on by your buddies ??

Mac :D :D :D

peachin
09-12-2003, 19:35
I have 12,000 miles on my 2003. 8,000 miles are towing. Stock - the engine and transmission changed about - 4 times - got cleaner and better.

I put Juice, Guages and Air Filter on at 5,000
The engine changed its character twice since then.
got Cleaner and better and better - What a tight
machine!

I put a flow-thru exhaust and new pipes (4") at
8,000 - Sounds like a Harley with 1000hp. only
it's not real loud it's real mellow! You need this sound to work the tranny, guages - the Machine. the stock muffler and pipes didn't
give you the background music to get the "feel!"
"Feel" is everything with the D/A - soon you will "think it" and it happens - the power, the down shifting - when to move into O/D off, or drop it into 3rd - when to use the T/H mode to
pull out the high rpm down shift and then back into T/H for resumed downshifting of weight in a down hill situation. This unit is not for no slow thinker!

Did I say it? the juice makes it cleaner, better and tighter - and in Level 4 w/o trailer -
it's everything a Corvette wanted to be!

Take your time - there is lots of learning here
you are driving more than several computers with wheels attached. you have 4 guages to monitor.

You have to decide if you want to be a passanger
or a DRIVER!

Don't be a show-off - you know it when you got it.
keep it to yourself.

There is so much power here (Juiced) I have yet put it to the floor - it scares me!

[ 09-12-2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: peachin ]

peachin
09-12-2003, 20:03
Addendum:

4 guages to Monitor (in order of importance - to me)

PYRO - EGT's
TACH - With egt's - time to shift - If you are dragging the engine the egt's will rise
TRANSMISSION - when it gets up at 200 - you are
climbing hills - the egt's are at 1000 - 1200
"The heat is is ON" let up and cool it a little.
BOOST - I got it with the pyro - Ive seen it at
25 - maybe someone will open my "door" and tell me what the boost guage will offer me - decision-wise.

I'm here to learn - anyone doing anything that
will enhance my experience during a "live performance?!"

flhrciblueice
09-15-2003, 16:13
Originally posted by tim@cmsinter.net:
Just brought the 2004 home after trading in the 2002. Any kind of recommended break in period before I put the Juice on the new truck?
Thanks I was wondering the same thing. My new truck will be delivered in a few weeks and, although I'm not sure which programmer I will use yet, I am sure I will eventually get one. I will probably go with a new exhaust and gauges within 500 miles.

Trippin
09-15-2003, 17:45

I waited just long enough for the UPS man to get it in my hands.

sdaver
09-15-2003, 18:43
installed at less than 500 miles.........55k no issues :D dave

jesshd
09-16-2003, 04:55
Imagine drilling a hole in the exhaust manifold with less than 2K on the truck. I had the Juice, big exhaust and gauges before it hit 3K.

Jess