PDA

View Full Version : Cooler (EGT) Runnings

DMAX Daddy
09-13-2003, 19:09
Sent my Predator in today for the 1.07 upgrade, and I hope 1.07 cuts down on exhaust temps.

With the Hot Juice lvl 4 and 40HP Predator, I always seemed to top out about 24.4 PSI and 1700ish EGT. :eek: :eek: :eek: (Note: these runs were real quick playing with little cars, might be one or two a week)

Same set up without the Predator, EGT's are 1375 or so with only 23.1 PSI boost (of course, less heat, less boost) I actually tried to get the EGT's higher, but they didnt go.

Running around daily in lvl 2 Hot Juice w/o the Predator has seen about a 250 degree max EGT temp drop as well.

Hopefully 1.07 cools the difference down. Once I get my Juice monitor I will probably run the Predator for tire size/speed limiter increase only.

Phil B.
09-14-2003, 23:28
Can someone explain why some of the power boxes yield higher EGTs than others? This would help me understand what Diablo is doing to lower the EGTs in the new version. My guess is reducing the fuel pressure and/or volume but not sure.

Phil B.

jesshd
09-15-2003, 05:33
Just a educated guess, but from the ECU programming that I have done on other turbo cars, more timing will also reduce the EGT. I have a writeup on my website that may help some others that are curious. http://home.earthlink.net/~jessmx5

RWTD
09-15-2003, 07:35
Phil,

The lower EGT's, better driveability, and greater power, come from remapping the fuel delivery as well as the timing.

I know this seems like a simple response, but that is the reality of it.

Sincerely...

DMAX Daddy
09-15-2003, 08:34
Nothing wrong with simple :D

Looking forward to the new update.

Phil B.
09-17-2003, 15:28
Thanks guys, I wasn't aware the Predator changed the timing, thought it was only fuel pressure...

Phil B.