PDA

View Full Version : JUICED, So What's With Service Engine Soon Light?

Magnum 1
09-13-2003, 20:32
Well my fellow JUICED DMAX Diesel owners I come here seeking knowledge. I installed my refurbished Juice box one week ago today. I've had no problem setting the different power levels and my truck totaly hauls BUNS on level 4 (I don't know how you guys with the Super Juice can even hang to the thing, this little box is amazing!) However, I now have a continuous SERVICE ENGINE SOON Light? This is very frustrating, being that my truck is running perfectly fine. If I disconnected the JUICE would this reset itself? I emailed EDGE PRODUCTS but they never got back to me. Any enlightenment one of you wise sages can pass along would be greatly appreciated :D

DMAX Daddy
09-13-2003, 21:44
I would recheck your connections to make sure no pins backed out. That happened to me and I got the SES light.

peachin
09-14-2003, 05:06
I have no technical ability - but I would do the following:

Sometimes resetting the "oil service" {discussed in your manual) does other things. I had a service the 4X4 and did this reset and it disappeared.

Second, I would disconnect the + terminal on your battery and reconnect it. This might do it.

Finally, I would follow the above solution in the previous post -

and then if none of those worked, I would go to a dealer with the Juice taken out - and have them look - I think they can read some historical data.

RVGuy
09-14-2003, 12:56
You didn't say what you were doing, if anything, when the SES light came on so can't help you with why.

As far as the light itself. It will go off in a few days or starts of the engine. If you want to know what the message is without going to the dealer, go to your neighborhood Auto Zone and ask them to read your TCM/ECM messages. Once you have the codes, ask them to clear the code.

If you decide to go to the dealer, make certain you have the Juice removed. Then, when the dealer tells you what the code was, be sure and act amazed and ask, "what could cause that code to be set....I always drive my truck in a mild and normal fashion....yada, yada, yada..."

I purchase a Quadzilla Stealth Tuner so I could play with another tuner AND read/clear my own codes.

Magnum 1
09-14-2003, 20:30
Thanks for the help Guys. To Jim in Texas the SES light has been on ever since I installed the JUICE. That's all I did, hook up Juice and whamo :( SERVICE ENGINE SOON Just like that. By the way, Can anyone tell me what Type (make/model) Scanner would be used by the dealer or Autozone to read and clear these codes? Thanks.

Modified
09-15-2003, 19:49
Did you disconnect both batteries before connecting up your Juice? This is a VERY good idea whenever working on electronics.
As DMAX Daddy said, recheck both connectors, and make sure no pins are retracted or bent. Either you have a bad connection, or possibly a bad Juice Module. If all connector pins looked OK, consider removing Juice for a week or two, and see if the MIL clears.

The Malfunction Indicator Lamp, (MIL), usually resets in a couple of ways.
1). Three consecutive ignition cycles that a diagnostic runs and does not fail.
2). Forty consecutive warm up cycles, with no failures reported.
If you induced a temporary fault that no longer exists, the MIL should go away soon.
Like RVGuy said, if you go to the Dealer with this "self-induced" MIL problem, he may be asking questions you don't want to answer.

jesshd
09-16-2003, 04:50
Anyone living near you that has a Stealth or Predator? You could use that to reset the code and then see if it comes back on without taking the Juice off.

Jess

Kennedy
09-16-2003, 08:21
The majority of the Juice returns are for issues indirectly related to the box or cause/effect issues. I'd suggest reading and erasing the codes first, and see what develops.

There are quite often programming updates available for the OE software that correct minor details of the tuning. Sometimes power modules can bring these issues to the surface.

Then agian, it could be a bad box, but if it is running fine, I'd think that is not the case.