PDA

View Full Version : Questions/Problems with Juice + Attitude

BadDog
02-22-2004, 16:17
I just got my new Juice/Attitude Saturday morning, installed by lunch, playing around on level 1 for an hour or so, then level 2. Nothing higher yet. Played around with the low boost fueling settings, currently on 4. Started with defueling on all locked shifts Saturday, but after reading some of the posts here, decided to switch to defueling only 4-5.

Problem 1: 1 time on Saturday and twice today (Sunday) I have had "crank no start" problems. Both times after turning the key off for 20 seconds or so it cranked with no further problems and no service lights at any time. I've seen posts like this about Juice bugs that were fixed in updates, but this is a brand new unit from John Kennedy.

Problem 2: I reconfigured the display today, just trying different things. I wasn't initially too concerned about monitoring "trans slip" only running up to L2 and my truck is fairly low mileage (less than 20k) and has not been beat hard at all. However, any time I'm accelerating even a little it's showing at least a few % points of "slip". Harder acceleration (not floored) will yield number up to 50%+. Is this normal? Is my TC failing to lock properly?

Problem 3: The docs are pretty vague on some things. For instance, what is "Load"? What do the "% slip" numbers indicate? Clearly lower is better, but exactly what does it mean? These things should be in the manual IMO...

I'll be calling John and/or someone at Edge tomorrow, just thought I would see what I could learn here tonight...

Dave Lewis
02-22-2004, 17:58
On problem #2 your going to see slip unless your running in tow/haul or are over 45mph I believe.

red sled
03-13-2004, 12:35
Bad Dog I need help, I just got the juice with the attitude also. I dont understand how to change power levels on the juice. Is the low boost fueling settings changing the power levels on the Juice? Or do you set the Juice with the gear selector and the accelerator pedal like without the attitude

Idle_Chatter
03-13-2004, 16:50
Red Sled - level on the Attitude is set by the up and down arrow buttons while in the "display" (or normal) mode. You should see a small black boxed number in the upper right corner of the Attitude display that shows the power level.

red sled
03-13-2004, 17:50
Thanks.........the instructions never mention how to change power settings. I put her on munber five and nothing left but a Red Streak !
Thanks again, I still cant belive it.

BadDog
03-17-2004, 10:41
Sorry sled, haven't been here for a few days. But you got your answer so it's all good I guess. Also, the "low boost fueling" is the fuel increase before the turbo starts giving boost. It's what makes the black cloud on a hard launch. I've found I prefer "4" on LBF which does not smoke noticeably. "5" does not seem to help and it leaves a notable black cloud.

As for my problems, they seem to have vanished before the replacement got here. I've still got the replacement, but I suppose I'll be returning it unopened in a week or so if the problem does not resurface. I