PDA

View Full Version : Mild Power Up

SmokeyMax
09-14-2003, 08:44
Anyone know if there is any work being done to produce a power programmer that will boost the Dmax on the mild side? I am looking to increase power just enought to match or slightly beat the 6-speed as the Allison eats some power to the wheels. As for now, I don't want worry about EGT or trans slip. I know that there are programmers that will give the option for mild, medium and high settings but I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation. I have looked into the oiled/cotton filters but I don't think they are worth the risk...What if the filter somehow gets wet or looses integrity and feeds the turbo a cotton wad? Try explaining that one to the GM warranty department. I know I sound like a wus but is 10-15 Hp with a cotton filter the answer? My targeted increase is around 30-40 HP. What will a cat back exhaust provide?

Hound
09-14-2003, 09:37
I've never seen a K&N come apart due to water and one of the guys here put a good amount of muddy ditch water thru his. I don't believe that you'll see much if any HP increase from simply changing air filters. Turbo may spool a bit faster but you're probably not going to find the 10-15 HP increase that you're thinking.

sdaver
09-14-2003, 09:51
standard juice four power levels up to 90 rwhp with out a doubt call kennedy at kennedydiesel.com

Nixter
09-14-2003, 13:11
May the Juice be with you.

If you can resist the tempation to go above level 2 unloaded or level 1 towing, you will be safe without guages. This is of course just my opinion and others will probably disagree. My unit is a refurb purchased from JK with the 4.61 flash. I don't run above level 2 and have never had notably higher EGTs, overboost code or any other problem. It makes the truck run smooth and hold OD nicely. And its easier to install than a air cleaner. --Nick ;)