PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure sender

smitheb
09-15-2003, 06:37
Does anybody know, the location of, and if access to the oil pressure sender is possible without major component removal? Found out that plumbing the oil pre-lube kit to the oil filter housing does not work.

SoCalDMAX
09-15-2003, 07:51
The oil press sender is on the driver's side just fwd of the oil filter - it's on a casting which protrudes from the block. It should be pretty easy to add a T there and add your pre-luber.

Oil pressure sender (http://www.pbase.com/image/1439127)

Regards, Steve

jbplock
09-15-2003, 10:00
Originally posted by Smitty31:
... Found out that plumbing the oil pre-lube kit to the oil filter housing does not work. Smitty,
Which fitting did you try? Was it the one on the bottom of the oil filter adapter? I'm not sure how the pre-luber works, but if you tried to push oil into that fitting I could see how it wouldn't work because there is a one-way bypass valve there. (I discovered this when using it for a feed to my Oil Bypass filter)
smile.gif

smitheb
09-17-2003, 07:03
So far I'm batting 1,000. First the CA emission pkg made it impossible to install the MF as secondary and now I've located the oil pressure sender just above the front differential. It appears to have a 1" NPT into the block with no clearance to install a tee even if you could get at it to do it. Somewhere along the line they made a change from the location shown in the picture Steve provided. I have a pre-lube kit available if anyone is interested.

smitheb
09-18-2003, 03:01
After thinking about it, I suspect what I thought was the oil pressure sender may well be a water temperature sender but the oil pressure sender is still hiding on me.