PDA

View Full Version : New wiring harness?

Riverholic
09-16-2003, 17:06
About 2 weeks ago I was driving home when I noticed a knocking sound coming from the engine. It seemed to do it at about 1500-1900 RPM's. I called my friend(he's the service manager at my chevy dealership)he said to bring it in. Well the next morning on the way to work suddenly the truck slows way down and goes into limp mode. It sounds like a old cummins and runs way rough. The dealership has my truck for about 6 days. My friend keeps telling me that the code it set off was for one of the injectors but when they do all their tests it is fine. They end up narrowing it down to the wiring harness. Somewhere the signal is getting interrupted. When I get the truck back it seems fine. I proceed to put the juice back in and all is good. Now sunday morning I start my truck up and it sounds a little louder than normal. I drive to my bank and on the way it just seems to be acting a little funny. I notice that it seems to surging at a stop and now the SES comes on. I proceed to pull over and pull the juice out just in case it breaks down and have to get towed to dealership. Now she seems to be running fine. I have had my juice for 1 year now. My buddy is asking me if it could be the juice? Can the juice go bad after a year of use?? Oh yeah I run my juice on level 2 and in tow level 1 for the past 4 months.