PDA

View Full Version : I NEED ONE NOW... OR BY TOMORROW

TooMuchMuscle
09-17-2003, 08:59
Well the time has come and I need a little more throttle. I want to go with the Predator, because of all the other features (tires, scanner, etc...) but dont want to wait till tomorrow to receive it... Can I purchase one of these units locally (So Cal)... I just cant wait...

Kennedy
09-17-2003, 09:23
If you do, watch the version number as there has been a recent update. My entire stock is being sent in for revision today...

RWTD
09-17-2003, 11:59
Originally posted by TooMuchMuscle:
Well the time has come and I need a little more throttle. I want to go with the Predator, because of all the other features (tires, scanner, etc...) but dont want to wait till tomorrow to receive it... Can I purchase one of these units locally (So Cal)... I just cant wait... Robert,

Hello sir, I hope all is well, and thanks for the post.

Unfortunately you will not find a v1.07 in stock in Cali at this time. Most likely any Cali dealers will not be receiving them until Monday or Tuesday of next week, since it is 5 to 7 days ship time from DiabloSport (they just started sending them out on Tuesday). I'll have all the v1.07 in stock as of tomorrow, which means that any customer who has ordered one, or does order one today or tomorrow, will have it on Friday, just in time for the weekend! We should be getting some good reviews back over the weekend from several of the site members here.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance for you.

Sincerely...

TooMuchMuscle
09-17-2003, 16:44
Thanks for the heads up John....

Runnin,
If there are none in CA at this time I will order one from you later this evening... I will be using this mostly as a scanner and tire adjuster because the DMax is plenty strong for me as is...

Also, when I use the diablo as an injector reader, what range should I expect good injectors to be in?

Thanks,

--Robert
:D :D :D

ndamico
09-17-2003, 20:06
TMM - gm spec is -4 to +4 i believe, but the closer together the better.. i've read on here that a matched set is better..

RWTD
09-18-2003, 07:45
Robert,

As Nick said on the injector variances. I've had issues on my own vehicles before when attempting to tune for best driveability and max power, safely, when an injector or two weren't matched to the others. That can be a very big headache. I.E. I had some 42# Bosch injectors that were rated at, yep, you guessed it, 42#'s, but in reality they only put out 39.8#'s at their rated pressure (43.5 psi) Then trying to calibrate the injector scaler parameter for a true 58 psi rail pressure. Boy did that ever throw me for a loop! I finally figured it all out after I found the true test pressure of the injectors, but after even doing such, I then found out one of the injectors was way off versus the others (like 10% off; had them all flow tested), which kept leaning a cylinder out.

As for just a code scanner and tire adjuster, that's okay too, but come on, you mean you're not going to be tempted to lay into that beast with the 120 a time or two? :D

Sincerely...

TooMuchMuscle
09-18-2003, 08:02
Running, it will be hard not to load 120hp, but at 24 years old, with a truck payment and house payment I need the truck to last for as long as possible... I have other jeeps and trucks to play with if I wanted to go fast... DMax is plenty and I am very pleased with the purchase... 13 months old, purchased new and now has 48k on the odometer...

RWTD
09-18-2003, 10:28
Robert, first, thanks for the purchase, as I greatly appreciate it. I already have it boxed up, label printed and affixed, and the tracking # on the way to your email (you'll have your Predator tomorrow).

As for your truck, 48k isn't bad at all for 13 months old. That's about what I used to average. I'm sure you treat your truck well, and still enjoy every moment of driving it. Oh, and CONGRATS on the truck and the house for being in your mid 20's. That's an accomplishment that many do not get to have early in life. Way to go!

Kind Regards...