PDA

View Full Version : newbie advice

nampadmax
09-17-2003, 12:50
hey, newbie here--how about some feedback from some, 'been there done that's, on adding power and how that might affect the factory warranty or extended warranty--also, advice on addons like fuel and oil filters--i just bought the GMC 03' HD2500 dmax--i pull a three horse sled about once a month-keep the miles down otherwise--thanks guys for the advice

More Power
09-17-2003, 13:30
A good place to begin looking for answers to the question of whether performance products will/could affect your warranty would be to use the search feature here.

Search for the words:

magnuson-moss

MP

DinoMax
09-17-2003, 15:23
nampadmax, welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new truck. If you decide to go w/ a performance mod, I would suggest something that is easily removed, like the juice, or easily set back to stock, like the Predator or Quad programmers. This way, if you need to bring your truck in to the dealer, there is no evidence of any mod's. I have been running the Predator on my truck for quite some time now, and am very happy w/ it. Luckily, I have not had to bring my truck in for any warranty work :cool: I have about 23k on the truck. I hope I din't just jinx myself :eek: Most of the times, it depends on the dealer/service writer and you relationship w/ them. Some are very cool & willing to overlook mod's, and some are real funny about it. If you are having a "common" type problem that obviously was not cuased by the mod, I'm sure you would be OK. But if your truck was really drugged up & looked like it was run hard & put away wet, you would have a tough way to go. Just keep it simple, don't let 'em know what you got, and have fun. Good Luck, DinoMax :D :D

nampadmax
09-18-2003, 08:07
thanks to all who've provided excellent feedback-i'll heed the good advice!!