PDA

View Full Version : Juice Attitude Controller

Bill Harper
09-18-2003, 06:07
Has anyone heard anything yet on the Attitude controller, as far as the release date? I know that Kennedy has recieved a test unit or Beta version. It has been ever so long of a wait, with little news as to what is going on. Just curious, and am willing to wait for a good product.
;)

Sneaks
09-18-2003, 06:30
If it means anything, I heard Santa is getting an attitude! :rolleyes:

And UPS is hiring in Ogden

And the more I refresh THIS PAGE (http://www.kennedydiesel.com/categoryresults3.cfm?Category=4&SubCategory=78&SubCategory2=13) (my morning ritual) the more I hate that d*** red backordered message.

Kennedy
09-18-2003, 06:35
You know the story:

Relentless pursuit of perfection...

More added features = more programming time...

Sneaks
09-18-2003, 06:37
Any marketing manager will tell you the time comes when one must shoot the engineer and put the product on the market!

MadDuraMax
09-18-2003, 13:55
Sneaks,

Of course the engineer would tell you to shoot the marketing manager who talked about promises that could not be kept!

Mark

Minn-kota
09-18-2003, 14:45
Sacrifice
Accuracy
Let
Engineering
Suffer

I'm an engineer so I know this well!

Kennedy
09-18-2003, 14:52
Won't be long now ;)

MadDuraMax
09-18-2003, 15:04
JK,

You wouldn't be bringing that beta unit to Grand Rapids in a month would ya?

Mark

Kennedy
09-18-2003, 18:00
Ubet!

Actually, I'm sure I'll have more by then...

dmaxalliTech
09-18-2003, 18:22
Originally posted by kennedy:
Ubet!

Actually, I'm sure I'll have more by then... Dont forget to bring extra's, you wont be going home with many of them, I promise. And bring some gauge packages, and some Mega's, and some Bilstiens and some air filters and some exhausts and some other boxes and some...oh yeah, Wisconsin brauts for Friday nite...if I think of anything else, I will let ya know ;)

MadDuraMax
09-20-2003, 13:19
Oh no,

dmaxallitech must have checked the available balance on my Visa.... :rolleyes:

Mark

Kennedy
09-23-2003, 19:23
Sounds like they've entered the supply chains...

HoustonDMax
09-24-2003, 04:06
Matt at Edge told me yesterday they have been shipping forty a day for several days now.

He also said 125 HP is max right now. No 145 HP "yet"; They are still working on it.

John, you getting any with ability to go better than 125 HP now?

Looks like there goes one incentive for upgrading, at least for while, for me, anyways.

ratlover
09-24-2003, 04:47
I thought that the 125 juice was about the stock alli could take. It even backs off as is. Is there any reason to go to a 145 if you have a stock trany? Does the juice do a good enough job of backing off to not worry about nuking things? Or will all gears but 5th be ok for this level?

I'm not sure if I even need to look into the hotter juice if standard juice/attitude comes with the 125 shot.

And I assume one could stick the attitude on a refurb box but they just gota send it in to the edge right?

Dont think I will be able to keep my mastercard in my wallet for long :eek: :D

Kennedy
09-24-2003, 07:21
We've got 2 options to program.

4.73, and 4.73 Hot. Each has 5 levels plus zero, but I'm not sure what is what, but as I understand, the 30HP level is dropped and we progress up from there ie 60, 75, 90, 125, 14x

ratlover
09-24-2003, 07:40
So what is your oppinion on the usefullness of the 14x and a stock allision? If it backing off at the 125 anyway will you notice much in the 14x? And does the juice do a good enough job backing off to not worry about toasting things with a 14x any more than with a 125? Or will you just notice a power increase in certian gears but it backs way off in the higher ones?

And a refurb unit will convert to the attitude fine right?

I need to figure out if I need the 145. I would also prefer to go the cheapest route if I can use a refurb unit(hot or regular, need to decide)

Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to decide what to buy. A refurb hot or regular and play with it for a bit in the lower settings and send it in for a update once the waiting list aint long(I'm sure I probably wont be able to get my grubby mits on an attitude anytime soon) Or just wait and buy the whole set up new. I was thinking of waiting till deisel day but then I would have to pay sales tax.

Just trying to find out the best bang for my buck with a juice/attitude. Thanks JK

Sneaks
09-24-2003, 07:48
I'm just waiting for the switch from

"This item is backordered. Please check back later." to ADD TO CART! :rolleyes:

Kennedy
09-24-2003, 08:39
Well, I have kind of a fiasco going on here. I have 10 Attitudes coming, but none f my stock Juice will accept them. I have a bunch more combos coming, but may not ship until today IF they even ship at all (long story) or if I need to re-order from another source...

Things to consider:

Programming can always be upgraded.

Attitudes require the "green plug" in the hardware. If you have to ask, you don't have it.

I'm hoping to have a promo with a description up on my front page later today. I'll have to re-shoot the pic with the correct probe/leadwire when the units arrive...

Sneaks
09-24-2003, 08:46
:confused: Definitely a fiasco. The story I got was that one had to buy an Attitude from an authorized dealer, then send your present Juice back to Edge with Proof of Purchase and Edge would add the green plug, reprogram, and return it to you the same way you shipped yours back.

Sounds like yet another FUBAR has to be sorted out. :mad:

ratlover
09-24-2003, 09:14
Price of the controller includeds the price for the edge to do the updates to the box and the plug mods right?

Kennedy
09-24-2003, 09:26
Originally posted by Sneaks:
:confused: Definitely a fiasco. The story I got was that one had to buy an Attitude from an authorized dealer, then send your present Juice back to Edge with Proof of Purchase and Edge would add the green plug, reprogram, and return it to you the same way you shipped yours back.

You got it! Not too difficult, BUT the thing is, the "green plug" update procedure has not yet been established, so for now, only units built as "Attitude ready" will be avail. The update procedure is looking to be ironed out today...

Unofficial word is, N/C for hardware update, but I am assuming they'll want the proof of purchase as stated above to ensure that the update isn't being done for naught...

It will go smoothly when implemented I am sure.

ratlover
09-24-2003, 09:32
Now I just need to decide if the 145 is worth it for a stock alli or if all I really need is the 125. :confused:

I dont think I can hold out and remain unjuiced for much longer ;)

Kennedy
09-24-2003, 10:56
125HP WITH transmission protection is pushing it. The 145 IMHO is too much. Edge is capable of producing much higher HP levels, but reluctant to release in fear of guys destroying transmissions. Thing is, when this happens the entire product line can get a bad rap...

ratlover
09-24-2003, 12:49
Thanks as always John, little juice it is......now were is that pesky credit card :confused: ;) :D

ski
09-24-2003, 16:17
so, let me get this straight. only pedigreed (read: not purchased from indiidual)juice boxes can be upgraded :confused: ? or is it proof of attitude/controller purchase ?

hope it is the latter unless edge is getting to big for their britches. I love the juice adn would like to get a controller but no one tells me how I gotta spend......

Kennedy
09-24-2003, 16:26
Originally posted by ski:
so, let me get this straight. only pedigreed (read: not purchased from indiidual)juice boxes can be upgraded :confused: ? or is it proof of attitude/controller purchase ?

hope it is the latter unless edge is getting to big for their britches. I love the juice adn would like to get a controller but no one tells me how I gotta spend...... Only Edge knows the exact details, but a Juice is a Juice, and the only hangup I see with getting the hardware upgrade is the proff of ATTITUDE purchase...

DMAX Daddy
09-24-2003, 17:23
Buy my Attitude from JK, get it and receipt, then arrange with Edge to sent it back/upgrade it.

Easy enough. :D

145 will be good back pocket for when I eventually upgrade the tranny.

ski
09-24-2003, 19:00
JK,

thanks for the clarification. When supply and the initial bugs get worked, you got my order. I will also need more FPPF total power too, maybe a UNI filter, more oil/fuel filters, whew ! Get that CC machine warmed up !

Marc

Bill Harper
09-24-2003, 19:32
Boy oh boy am I getting excited, I can not wait to get my hands on this bad boy, it sounds awesome. Sounds like it should be soon, hopefully!!!! ;)

Sneaks
09-25-2003, 10:42
Anybody want to start an "Attitude Pool?" $10 entry fee, pick the month and day orders are actually shipped. Winner take all....

For the terminally literal, the previous is a joke. Like the Attitude modified Rodney Dangerfield joke that follows:

It's so frustrating waiting for my Attitude ... if I wasn't a guy ... I'd have had nothing to play with.

Kennedy
09-25-2003, 11:54
Word is, there are now combos in transit. Not sure when they'll be landing on my end as I am not on speaking terms with my distributor at this time. I put a pic on my front page showing the "green plug" and just used an Isspro probe/leadwire to show these parts.

The "revamp" policy should be in place soon, and Edge should begin accepting modules for the hardware upgrade once established...