PDA

View Full Version : Been there, done that.

maxinDixon
09-18-2003, 11:38
Finally took the plunge. The old chev 88 454 retired and my pickup was handed down to the next fellow (I get the new truck). I still have the 92 Chev 6.5 (build 11-91) which threw a rod at 129,000 and now is on its 2nd engine. Still have the 95 12V cummins, the 99 24V cummins and an '02 Ford "X" 7.3 PSD. Also have the VW TDI. I test drove the lot of trucks available in Taxafornia today. The Dodge is under powered at 235 HP, the Ford 6.0 speaks for itself having seen the bell housing leaks up and personal on new, in the lot, trucks and I didn't like the way this truck handled on the highway. It did have good power but not the bottom end power like the Dmax I test drove. I drove the GMC Dmax and was impressed. It was about like my Dodge after the chips, filters, torque converter, valve body and exhaust pipes. Couldn't get the '03 with all the rebates and equipped the way I wanted so the dealer made an '04 work price wise that was acceptable and equipped the way I wanted. This is one smooth truck! I was thinking that the need to chip, pipe and filter this truck was not neccessary, but I find myself over come with temptation :D . First thing to do is get some miles on it and make sure there are no bugs. This board has been instrumental in helping me make the decision toward the Duramax smile.gif so with that gentlemen, I say thanks!

RWTD
09-18-2003, 12:22
Way Cool! Congrats! Keep it clean, especially now with all the lovebugs going around like crazy ;)

HD-Nate
09-18-2003, 13:12
Congratulations and welcome

jsa
09-18-2003, 15:42
H-D NATE

Would like toask you a couple questions about your truck?