PDA

View Full Version : dmaxallitech I need help

deadlyman
09-18-2003, 17:41
I got back from vacation sunday picked up my truck monday morning still have problems after four weeks of being in service dept first the low coolant light came on so I topped off the coolant and marked the res. no change in level since. second noticed low oil presure was running 40 and above now runnning 40 and below down to about 19 I have also noticed diesel smell from the start so yesterday I cleaned the motor top to bottom chassie and everthing thinking left over diesel on motor now today I have a knocking sound with a bad vibration like up and down motion got home today and I have oil/diesel? all over from fo the truck bottom and all the way back any idea?

dmaxalliTech
09-18-2003, 18:15
You have got to be kidding, 4 weeks!? and its still broke?! First thing I would do is never go back to that dealer...

Now that you have done a thourough cleaning, can you isolate where the leak is from? Is it smoking? Just a vibration or running bad too? Using coolant? Check engine light on?

I guess the only good idea I have is start heading north :rolleyes: Email me directly with your phone no. I will call you

pontiac_m18
09-18-2003, 21:09
DEADLYMAN, I see that your "BABY" was built at my plant. Send me a e-mail (howard_m18@yahoo.com)with the complete vin.# & your name & number so we can see what they can start doing from the plant. Howard :D :D :D

mackin
09-19-2003, 02:31
deadlyman

WOW !!!!!

So what was the fix on the coolant leak, head gasket or injector cupseal ?? Sounds like to me know you have an internal (rail) fuel leak ... I would say during their repair work they left some junction lose somewhere under the valve cover and your getting oil dilution filling crankcase and Spraying out the blow hole ... Lose in rail pressure to injectors is prolly making it sound more diesel'ish and run rough ....This is my guess ...
Man I would struggle containing my frustrations at your dealer .... Count down from 10 , speak and breath .....

Best of luck .....

Mac :(

deadlyman
09-20-2003, 13:30
well mackin
so far head gaskets all injector cups four thermastats one water pump r&r once then removed twice again and put back on radiator flushed.seems to have fixed the coolant problem so far I can say the service depatment has been honest and helpful just inexperienced with this motor not much hands on