PDA

View Full Version : Oil Light Reset

joecfd1
09-18-2003, 20:39
I am trying to reset the "oil life" light on my 2003 LT D/A with no success. I tried the method of turning the key on and pressing the accelerator three times and turning the key off. Doesn't seem to work. Also, my "service 4WD" light comes on frequently??? Any clues??

jbplock
09-19-2003, 03:14
Joe,

Seeing you have an LT model, I assume you have all the buttons on the steering wheel. If this is the case, use the button on the left to select the oil life display then press and hold the "enter" key (the one with an arrow) on the right to reset the %oil life to zero. You have to hold the button for a few seconds to enable the reset. FWIW, you can also use the business trip odometer to keep track of oil changes. When I change the oil I reset the % Oil Life and the Business Trip odometer to Zero (using the enter key). Then I just monitor the business odometer to know when to change the oil.

Regarding the Service 4WD error, this is a common problem. See the following link and also do a search on "service 4WD" for more info.

4x4 fixed ? (TSB serv 4x4) (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=004943#000000)

smile.gif