PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with '01, '02 duramax questions.

sbrew
09-19-2003, 10:10
Hey guys, Newbie here with a few questions. I am looking for an '01 or '02 4x4 3500 with duramax and allison. This will be my daily driver and will also tow a 12-13k 5ver. I'll probably get intake, juice with monitor, and exhaust from JK.
1) Was told by a salesman that all duramaxs have with auto have allison, True? If not how do I tell?
2) Heard about the problem with '01 injectors. How do I tell if any engine damage (compression, etc.)?
3) How do I tell if injectors going bad and any tricks on getting dealer to replace all if a few have gone bad under warranty? How much if not under warranty?
4)Just curious if anyone knows what juice level to run with a 6.0 Ford, my buddy has one and it moves.
Thanks in advance, I've been reading here for a few weeks, and you guys have already taught me alot!
sbrew

dmaxalliTech
09-19-2003, 10:35
First, welcome, this place gets expensive the longer you read, buy you know that already

1. Yes, they all have Allisons behind them if auto
2. signs of trouble are noise, smoke, or fuel in oil, thats the most common signs of trouble
3. Will depend on your dealer if you get them all. SOme will, some wont. Last set I put in out of warrenty for all 8 installed was 4500.00
4. dont move