PDA

View Full Version : Pull-Off VI - July 2005

More Power
07-23-2005, 12:01
The Diesel Page
Pull-Off VI - July 2005 (http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/pulloff05.htm)
Shock & Awe

Measuring engine and drivetrain performance on a real hill and with a real load is in essence what a Pull-Off is all about. Each Pull-Off has two primary objectives: 1- To learn how stock diesel pickup performance evolves with each new model year, and 2- Track the performance improvements made possible by the aftermarket. The Pull-Off is simply the best way to measure the towing performance of a diesel pickup truck. What's it take for a modified truck to rule the hill? Click the above link (colored text) to learn more! smile.gif

Note: This and all other articles available here in The Diesel Page are formatted for an 800 x 600 screen resolution, which also allows them to print correctly.

There are many images in this article. If all of the images don't appear on your first try, hit the refresh button on your browser to get the rest.

[ 07-25-2005, 08:00 AM: Message edited by: More Power ]

More Power
08-03-2005, 08:17
A little trivia....

These Pull-Off articles have always been among the most popular and most requested articles on the web site. Even after a full year, last year's 2004 Pull-Off article was still rated at #14 for the month of July 2005, and over the last twelve months had accumulated more than 200,000 downloads.

Since going online late last month, the 2005 Pull-Off is currently rated at #4 in the download list for all current online articles. smile.gif

Jim

[ 08-03-2005, 08:57 AM: Message edited by: More Power ]

DieselEnvy
08-03-2005, 17:06
MP, you mentioned previously that some videos would be available. Is that still in the works?

Jim Brzozowski
08-05-2005, 08:38
Great Job of putting this together, Just wish I could have been there..place looks beautiful, course I've always loved the mountains.
Motovet...83 MPH wow. Looking at those launch pictures I hoped you checked your tie rods out real good before you headed back. Looks like you need one of those rods that come from the trans frame to tie into your A frame to keep the front end straight, kind of like the ole 70's F**d trucks had. Those drive shafts just want to rotate around and pass up the front differential with that much power.
Kennedy..50flat. Another WOW. What does it ride like with the Caltrac bars, I like the way they look and can tell someone knew what they were doing when they designed those.
Congrads to everyone who got to be there. Hope I see you there next year.

AndyG
08-06-2005, 09:29
What was Kennedy running in his LLY truck? Bio-Diesel at what kind of ratio? Or do the LLY's just run that clean? Wonder if the cat and EGR were altered?

Kennedy
08-07-2005, 05:18
B20 and a program with decent boost. Exhaust isopened up with my 4-5" system with dyno charts under Gallery/Superflow

AndyG
08-07-2005, 08:10
Originally posted by kennedy:
B20 and a program with decent boost. Exhaust isopened up with my 4-5" system with dyno charts under Gallery/Superflow What was it that was programmed with the decent boost?

Marty Lau
08-08-2005, 08:29
Hey guys I may have had the slowest time of the day on the Hill but my truck has one VERY nice feature.....NO PAYMENTS since 1996. :D

Kennedy
08-08-2005, 10:22
Originally posted by AndyG:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by kennedy:
B20 and a program with decent boost. Exhaust isopened up with my 4-5" system with dyno charts under Gallery/Superflow What was it that was programmed with the decent boost? </font>[/QUOTE]I used an older version Edge Juice. Their latest releases do not add boost though as they were having troubles. I did not get time to do ANY testing with the LLY (let alone the LB7) prior to leaving for the trip in fact I put the transmission in on Sunday and we left on Wednesday to tow a trailer that I'd never set up a truck on...

VT_mountain_man
08-08-2005, 18:32
MP: Great Job on the Pull Off article ! wish I could have been there. I thought the pictures
were the Best ! We need to see more Pictures.

Has anyone else Posted any digital Pictures with
links that they took at the Pull Off ?

More Power
08-09-2005, 12:35
I saw a few other cameras at the Pull-Off. Must be more pics... I have a couple of a little red truck after an ATF bath.... redface.gif

I also have a couple of vids. They range in size from 3-4 megs each. Not sure where to put them, and whether they might impact server performance/bandwidth.

Jim

Kennedy
08-09-2005, 18:07
I've been meaning to put the vid of my burnout up too. Unless you want to host it...

More Power
08-10-2005, 09:48
Sure John, put yours on your server.... :D

Here's one of Lil Red (http://www.thedieselpage.com/duramax/lilred.mov). ;)

Jim

JD Diesel
08-10-2005, 16:17
MP Great vid. But need some noise. :D JD

Kennedy
08-10-2005, 18:28
Nothing against TG's camera or filming, but MAN I wish we'd have had a high tech camera and audio to film that one. That was a keeper...

Looking to put it up shortly. TG did you ever measure the length of the stripes? Probably need a wheel rather than a tape...

Tough Guy
08-10-2005, 19:03
I figured out how to turn on the mic... so at the Rendezvous we will have sound as well as video...

I did a quick jog of the rubber stripes that I believe belong to the 2002 from Loyal and they were real close to 75 yards long...

Or in terms everyone can understand, about 30,000 miles of life were instantly removed... :D

Cheers

Kennedy
08-11-2005, 05:03
Thanks, I figured they'd be well over 200' :D

MP'svid doesn't load for me. What format is it in?

DmaxMaverick
08-11-2005, 06:35
Originally posted by kennedy:
Thanks, I figured they'd be well over 200' :D

MP'svid doesn't load for me. What format is it in? It's a .mov (QuickTime movie) and you'll need QuickTime, or a new version of RealPlayer to view it. There are other viewers, but those are the most popular. QuickTime is a free download from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html . If you have a Mac, you'd already have it installed and may need an update.

Marty Lau
08-11-2005, 12:43
John;

I think I may have taken those shots with TG camera, so you can blame me as I not used to those fancy smancy digital photo shooters. :rolleyes: