PDA

View Full Version : 01 up, Rust up North?

dieselrealtor
07-26-2005, 03:57
I am looking at several used DA crewcabs in various areas, I don't mind flying out & driving back, I do have some concerns about the rust issues that I have seen on northern trucks in the past.

Have any of you experienced the early signs of the rust monster on the newer trucks? (Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, etc.

Thanks in advance for your input. :D

crafty
07-26-2005, 04:52
I've had mine on the road since December of 2001 and I use Krown rustproofing on it every year. I have no rust showing anywhere except a little surface rust on the frame. I find this is the only way to keep the "rusties" away. You should be able to find a clean truck if you look around. A lot of the crew cabs get used to haul trailers to Forida so they never see snow anyway.
Good luck in your hunt. :D :D :D

tonyskidoo
08-01-2005, 02:40
I just might have what you are looking for, I have a 01 Crew Cab short box with 95000 miles on her with NO RUST. Just how much you looking to spend on one and funny you are fron Indy area as that is where I bought this truck from. I flew down and drove it back here to NY.
Tony

dieselrealtor
08-04-2005, 16:11
Tony,

email me & let me know what you have.

Turbo Al
08-06-2005, 08:18
I have the 01 and undercoated it myself, other than where the coating has been scrapped off the frame (offroad rock monsters)there is no rust on any panels etc. One spot you should pay attention to is where the lower front of the door meets the fender and body a lot of crud can build up in there and get the rust started.

Al