PDA

View Full Version : New K2500 HD

markrinker
07-27-2005, 08:49
Going to pick up my new Duramax today.

I have two 6.5s and been around TheDieselPage.com for a few years, but am new to the Duramaxs.

This truck will immediately begin pulling a 25' trailer daily, loads ranging from 4500lbs (empty) to 14,000lbs.

Any recommendations? Mileage mods are more important than power mods for now. What mods and in what order?

Kennedy
07-28-2005, 06:23
I'm sure that you'll love it! As for mpg mods, I'd say save you money or try some FPPF Total Power. Exhaust may help, butI've run similar routes bothe with and w/o programming and have seen similar MPG.

Uncle Wally
07-28-2005, 15:27
Mark,

I noticed your post in the 6.5 Forum. Another of us 'jumped ship'! I picked mine up last week. Man do I love that truck. The wife loves it too. Seams like I have to beg to drive it, and I'm the one that bought.

That just ain't right! <<laughes>>

Waldo

Kennedy
07-28-2005, 16:26
Just got off the phone with Mark. He doesn't beleive me but he's heading towards rain on I-94. He's happy as can be running along getting 12+ mpg towing a trailer with a "puppy" truck hot rod on it...

markrinker
07-29-2005, 05:45
Wally - I'd like to see your truck. I may want to trade you for that 3500!!!

Wow you were right about the rain, JK. I drove through a few downpours, but none lasted more than a few minutes. No wind.

Day #1 in service was an exceptionally long one, with only one short leg of the 880 mile trip unloaded. Trailer weighs 4500#, first cargo (steel/wood) weighed about 6000#, second was a 2000 Silverado with a fair amount of wind resistance from sitting backwards on the trailer.

~12 mpg for the day - secondary highways at 65mph, freeway at 72mph. I like the downshifting/engine braking feature of the Allison. Also the tow/haul shift points are perfect, just tons of smooth consistant power on tap. Way better than the 4L80E.