PDA

View Full Version : Low RPM grunt?

DmaxCC6spd
05-08-2002, 07:09
I was using my 94 GMC Dooley with the 6.5TD and manual trans to pull bushes. To my suprise, with the truck in 4Lo it would spin all six, yes all 6 tires at a dead idle while sitting on blacktop. I actually dug 6 one inch deep holes in the pavement. I was quite impressed. Just to be clear, I did not have to press the throttle at all to do this. I now have a Duramax with the ZF trans. It doesn't feel as strong at idle. Has anybody tried something like this? Don't get me wrong, I love my Duramax truck, but the low rpm grunt could be better. I'll post my findings, but not too many people need to have landscaping removed on a regular basis.

MaxRock
05-08-2002, 13:31
DmaxCC6spd,

Funny you should mention this. I had a similar incedent, not as harsh as the one you mentioned. I was at my neighbor's in his gravel drive. With the truck idling in 1st (I have a 2WD), I applied the brakes and the truck stopped and the back tires (both) broke loosed without the engine even sounding like it was laboring. It just sat there and spun. The neighbor wasn't to happy with the 2 holes I left in his driveway...but I'm trying to persuade him to leave the blue and join the general. It looks like it may be working.

MaxRock