PDA

View Full Version : More fuel

torque
05-09-2002, 23:48
Just saw some folks wishing for more fuel. So, I'll pass along my fix: a 45 gal Transferflow fuel tank.
Last week I spent about 6 hours dropping out the 26 gal pee-wee out of my x-cab and jacking in a 45 gal replacement. It looked a bit daunting: 6.5ft and 150lbs of tank. But, it's a one man swap if you have a floor jack, scissor jack, jack stand and a few hand tools.
When I filled it, it took a little better than 46 gals.
The list is $750. With a RV shop discount, I paid a bit more than $650 including shipping.
My 4x4 got 19.6 on a 450 mile trip so I figure if I keep my foot out of it, I'm good for better than 800 miles now. I expect better than half that with my 5th wheel.

elowe1
05-11-2002, 18:59
Sounds like the just loke what I've been looking for.
Can you give details on where you ordered from?
Thanks

torque
05-11-2002, 20:37
elowe1:
Check out transferflow.com for their products. The only other fab shop that I know about that makes these tanks is Aero Fuel - a bigger bunch of weenies you'll never find. They told me it would cost about $1300 installed (the only way they sell them). I told them about Transfer Flow's list price and they said: "so?"
Anyway, Aero Flow is local to me in L.A. and Transfer Flow is in the mid Cal. area so your shipping costs would be a bit more.
I have a friend in the RV biz, so I got his discount and they shipped the tank to him in L.A.

TBC
05-12-2002, 18:28
I put in a 41 gal tank and tool box combo in the bed. Got it from Northern Tool. Had to buy the valve kit separately since I want the guage to work with both tanks. Love it.