PDA

View Full Version : BD Box and Duramaximizer don't work

srubrn
05-10-2002, 10:29
I had my truck checked for any codes and had all the new updates done this morning. Sevice manager says nothing wrong with my truck without the boxes. My truck just won't work with either of these. It misses or hesitates when accelerating. I guess I give up on the extra power. I must have finally found the downside to the six speed!!

gun runner
05-10-2002, 12:28
Whoa! I was just getting ready to order a box. Did you ask about any reason the tranny should make a differance?

mark45678
05-10-2002, 16:22
I have heard of a few complaints with the older VA/bd box but I thought that was cured with a new wireing harness? is your the old or the new type? I think the differance is in how the box get grounded? maybe one has a ground strap that you ground and one uses the factory wireing?

srubrn
05-10-2002, 20:44
Sorry VA doesn't know why the there box doesn't work with the six speed yet. Yes I have tried the new harness. I have had two of those harnesses and three different boxes. Won't work. Had two complete Duramaximizer boxes and harnesses and three control switches. I still have the problem. I am working with Duramzimizer very closely to get it figured out. They are very helpful. They have never heard of any truck ahving this problem with there box. Took the truck in today and got the new sorftware updates and checked for any stored codes. Still doesn't work right. TRUCK RUNS FLAWLESS WTIHOUT THEM. Stuck with 300HP, DURN!!!

mark45678
05-12-2002, 09:19
todd I sounds like there is something going on with the truck? I have heard of a few trucks getting the fuelpresure regulater replaced for a problem with a rolling idle. its worth a look if you can find a tec2 and watch the fuel pressure when its bucking just to see if its a possible cause. Good luck ! please keep us posted.

tmg115
05-12-2002, 14:26
srubrn isn't the duramaximizer people really help full. when i first bought there chip i felt no diference and i called them and told them that and they sent me a hole new box and wow it sure does make a diference.

another thing i did was i reprogramed my trany today and it made a huge diference on power and how it acted. you might want to try it. what could it hurt?

tmg115
05-12-2002, 14:27
srubrn

i am sorry for being a idiot. i forgot you have the 6 speed not the allison.

Kennedy
05-14-2002, 00:22
Todd,

I've been saying all along that these trucks seem to be very individualistic. Mine has no problems with either of these boxes, but has fits with the Juice box. The exact same Juice box worked flawlessly on Maverick's truck at the Rendezvous. I hope to have a revised Edge box here tomorrow that will hopefully agree with my truck.

I think perhaps the next step in your case is to try the reprogrammed ECM as that seems to be the most forgiving...

[ 05-14-2002: Message edited by: kennedy ]</p>

srubrn
05-14-2002, 06:04
John,

I was thinking the same thing. I am still working with Duramximizer to get this figured out. They want to know as bad as I do. I need to contact you about the boxes I have.