PDA

View Full Version : intermentent stalling?

delmas
11-05-2005, 14:22
My 1994 6.5 with 158,000 miles has been stalling on me for the last 3 or 4 months. It always starts easy when its cold, and it has good power when it is running.
But here's the catch; it never stalls when you are pulling a load or driving hard. It has never stopped while pulling a hill or while driving on the interstate. Without fall the only time it quits on me is within the first 2,3 or perhaps 4 miles. I can stop turn the switch off,
and then restart the truck. There has been a few times when I have to wait a few seconds before it will restart.
I put a new FSD (PMD) WITH A COOLER AND HARNESS EXTENSION on the truck only 18 months ago , 20,000 miles. I purchased it from *********@AOL.COM. I't seems to me it is the FSD again, what do you think?
But the cooler was supposed to solve this problem!

rjschoolcraft
11-05-2005, 15:08
First of all, welcome to The Diesel Page. Second, I wish you would have found TDP before you found A1...

If you haven't already, you should read this post (http://forum.thedieselpage.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007768) which deals with this topic. It will point you to a troubleshooting guide on the content side of TDP.

Good luck.