PDA

View Full Version : Fuel For "High Speed Trucks"

Roy W
08-07-2005, 11:54
I fueled up at a East Coast station in Richmond, VA over the weekend and they had two diesel pumps. One was labeled for "High Speed Trucks", and the other was labeled for "cars." Both were labeled 40 octane and $2.25/gal price. The only difference I could see in the pumps was that the high speed truck pump had a larger hose and nozzle. I used the high speed pump, and the nozzle just barely fit in the filler tube, and it pumped very fast. I figured that their definition of "high speed truck" was an over-the-road truck with a large capacity tank, thus the larger hose/nozzle/higher flow. Anyone else experience this ???

rjschoolcraft
08-07-2005, 14:28
The "high speed" is defining fill speed. It's a high flow nozzle for filling very large tanks, as you surmised.

markrinker
08-07-2005, 16:48
Don't ever turn your back on the high volume pumps. If they fall out of the nozzle for any reason, they will NOT shut off, and pump about 15 gallons of fuel out on the ground before you can run around your truck to shut them off.

Don't ask how I know this.

oldsnut
08-08-2005, 23:28
Heh...I filled up dad's truck tonight, because mine is at the dealer for the seat belt and parking brake recalls. Well I stopped at a station, and I pulled around to one of the pumps. After I had the credit card swiped and everything, I picked up the nozzle. Big one. Cool I thought. It took just as long to fill the tank if I would've used the car sized nozzle.

Boy them puppies sure can kick out some volume!!!

Craig M
08-09-2005, 08:00
This are beter now, with the car and truck diesel pumps. In the old days only had the truck, high speed pumps. Try filling a 12 gallon tank Rabbit with the high fill nozzles. Spilled as much as you got in the tank