PDA

View Full Version : Boost Gage Install ??

3-Fan
05-16-2002, 09:35
I am getting ready to install my SPA DG-211 gage that I bought direct from SPA. When I opened the package I noticed that the boost sensor didn't come with a "tee" like is described in the "Got Gages" article. I called SPA and they said they recommend to weld a bung on and tap it to do the install. Obviously the "tee" would be a heck of alot easier. I was able to pick up a brass tee, the 1/4" barbed fittings, and a 1/4" to 1/8" reducer. Which should be all that I need to make the install. But after further inspection of the boost sensor, it is 1/8" BSP thread. So the reducer will not work. Anyone know of a solution or where I could find a 1/4" NPT reduced to a 1/8" BSP?

Thanks in advance!!

Desert Diesel
05-16-2002, 10:16
3-Fan,

I believe the book is wrong!. You should have received a spec sheet with the sensor. It shows the pressure port to be 1/8"NPT. I used a 1/8"NPT SS coupler to a 1/8"NPT male brass branch tee w/1/4" dual barbs. $5.00 from McMaster-Carr (McMaster.com). Also check out page 17 in the manual(specifications). If it is 1/8"BSP it states "Will fit 1/8"NPT"

Regards,

David

[ 05-16-2002: Message edited by: Desert Diesel ]

[ 05-16-2002: Message edited by: Desert Diesel ]</p>